Saturday, February 25, 2023

Friday, February 24, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, waking/getting up at 7am.

It was exactly 1 year ago that Russia invaded Ukraine. The war still goes on but with the support of democratic countries Ukraine, if not winning, is certainly holding its own.

The ladies were heading out the door to the gym as I walked into the dining room.

I left at 8:15 and walked to the mall. I tried to make an ATM withdrawal with my Charles Schwab debit card but got the “transaccion con problemas. Intente luego” message. I picked up a copy of Gente newspaper and after waiting in a short line in Exito paid the Tigo/Une bill. Upstairs in the mall proper I tried making another ATM withdrawal but got the same message. I went downstairs and had a latte in Urbania café while solving some chess tactics.

Teresa texted me to have lunch on my own.

As I was leaving the café, I was surprised my latte cost 9,300 pesos; that may be a high for Medellin. They may have to compensate for the digital nomads that take up counter/table space and don’t buy much of anything.

Upstairs I tried another ATM with my CS card and received the same error message. I went to the next ATM and this time it worked with my USAA card. (Does that mean my Travel Notice is only good for a month now?)

Now that I had some cash I could eat. I went to Only Roastbeef and had their medium BBQ combo for 29,750 ($6).

I picked up milk, eggs, and tomatoes in Exito and got in a long line that took at least 15 minutes to get through. I returned to the apt by taxi.

I have lost something like 5 games in a row to Troyclough and he was winning this one but he erred late in the game and I escaped with a draw.

Teresa was supposed to have a massage this afternoon but the girl didn’t show up.

Last night Laura spent a considerable amount of time trimming the card from Teresa’s Samsung phone and putting it in the iPhone Laura gave her. Today Teresa is having trouble using it but I already explained I wouldn’t be able to help her with an iPhone.

Some time in the afternoon Teresa mentioned something about “keys” and “closet”. When she said it again this evening I asked her what closet. She led me to our bedroom and showed me that her closet was locked and she didn’t remember where she put the keys. (Almost every interior door in our apt has keys that we leave in the lock. I don’t know why the agency did that because we don’t use them.) I hope this isn’t another example of trying to hide things from the massage girl.

Today I watched a couple more episodes of The West Wing.

I think I’ve finally gotten rid of my cold; only took 3 weeks.

About 9:15 Teresa reported that she found the keys to her closet, something about “shoe drawer”. 😊

 

Today I got in 5,023 steps.


Single-Panel Comics



 

No comments:

Post a Comment