Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa will soon be heading to the gym then spending the day with her mother.

My plan is to go to the mall this morning to pay some bills then see Babylon (7.6) in Oviedo mall at 3:30. That should get me out about 7pm when traffic should be beginning to lighten.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the mall. I paid for the apt, my health insurance, and Teresa’s gym membership with no problem. I made an ATM withdrawal with my CS debit card with no problem. (We’ll see if it still works in 2 weeks without having to create another Travel Notice.) I went down to Urbania but didn’t find any available seat so I went to Santa Leña. I left at 11:30, stopped in Exito to buy a large package of toilet paper and returned to the apt by taxi.

I watched Whiplash (8.5) on Netflix.

At 12:30 I remembered that Teresa was going to be out all day with MT. At 1:30 I took a Didi to Oviedo mall. I went upstairs to Cine Colombia where I added 40mil to my card and bought my general seating ticket for 10,800. Note to self: for the afternoons, always buy a preferred seat in the middle of the back aisle.

I went down a couple levels where I bought a large latte and a blueberry yogurt muffin at Juan Valdez which also gave me access to their wifi. I went back upstairs and took one of the few tables they have outside the theaters. Fifteen minutes before showtime I made my last trip to the restroom then went to concessions but there wasn’t any worker there. I got a guard’s attention and gave him the universal sign for “I don’t know what’s going on”. He came over and called in the back and finally someone came out and I got my order for a small popcorn and a large soda.

Inside I had just missed the same Colombian short I’ve seen all month. 😊

The movie started and the first (and later the last) scene was a party that was so loud I had to put my fingers in my ears. Not sure if the fault is the movie maker or the projectionist. The movie is a tad over 3 hours long, I had noted 4 pee times using my RunPee app and used 2 of them plus added one of my own. Not to self: cut back on the liquids before and during the movie.

This is the end of the month and I already have 6 movies toward the required 30 I need to be eligible for a Platinum card again.

I saw Teresa had texted me requesting I pick up a small bottle of Coke that she can use for preparing the ribs for tomorrow so I made a trip to Carulla before returning to the apt by taxi.

 

Today I got in 5,511 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment