Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday, January 10th, 2014



Last night I watched the 2012 movie Jack Reacher (7.0) starring Tom Cruise.  I enjoyed it – a good action movie.

I went to bed at 11:45, had a little trouble getting to sleep, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30 and finally woke/got up at 8am.

I had a coffee & croissant at Panaderia Los Mejores but didn’t see Damaris.  

I stopped at the Tinto store and halfway thru another cup of coffee Gonzalo told me he had an apartment to show me.  It was 2 bedrooms but only 1 bathroom, it was very old looking and it also had a bed in one of the bedrooms and a garage downstairs for 800mil.  Not what I’m looking for.  I brought Gonzalo to see my apartment so he has a better idea of what I’m used too.

I checked the new movie releases in the US and there isn’t anything I’m interested in.  I checked the movies playing here and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is playing at Oviedo, Vizcaya, and El Tesoro.

I sent an email to the Margarita Montes informing her of my need to move into a smaller, less expensive apartment.  She offered to take 200mil off my rent since I don’t need the garage.  I told her if she would give me the same offer on the 2 bedroom upstairs I would seriously consider it.  I think that would get the price down to 800 or 900mil.

In Viva CC I saw Juliana, the security guard for Exito and I told her about my need for a smaller, less expensive apartment and she sent me into Exito to see the classified ads that people had posted on their bulletin board.  Unfortunately either they were for sale, or 3 bedrooms, or furnished, or with garage or something else I didn’t find suitable.  I’ll check it out again from time to time, especially when my brother is here. 

Downstairs I saw Gloria and I gave her a copy of my list of apartment requirements so she can contact me if she knows of something.

I was at LM going through my new chess book and Chess Life magazine when I got a call from James Lindzey’s (the lawyer) wife.  Between the lack of clarity of the cell phone and her accent I had a hard time understanding her.  It sounded like she was telling me that Andres, the young man that works in his office, is outside my apartment with some important papers.  I told her I’ve already received my Visa and paid him in full for his services so I had no idea what papers they could be.  Finally, I remembered there was another Terry working on a Visa so I told her that maybe she has her Terrys mixed up.  She never called back so I guess that’s what happened.

I did a lookup on the internet and found my USCF Rating is 1693 (Class B) although it’s been many years since I’ve played in a chess tournament.

At 1:30 I had a FriSnack from Frisby for 9,200 pesos ($4.84).

At 4pm it started pouring and the temperature dropped.  It also got a little windy and most everyone sitting at the row of tables nearest to outside had to move as they were getting a little wet.

I went back to Viva CC and Gloria continues to tell me I have a girlfriend because she saw us (Reina) holding hands.  Now I know what the definition of “novia” means here.  Lol.  I ran into Jim, the English speaking chess player, and I also gave him a list of what I’m looking for in an apartment just in case he might know of one.

At 5pm I had a Chef’s Wrap and small strawberry shake at Burger King (with coupon) for 14,300 ($7.53).

I made a little popcorn and I’m watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment