Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wednesday, January 8th, 2014



I went to bed at 11:30 got up twice during the night (with a little difficulty getting back to sleep) and finally woke/got up at 8:30.

My plan was to have a cup of coffee at the Tinto store if Gonzalo was still there and then a slab of pineapple across the street.  As I approached the fruit stand I saw the owner holding his finger dripping blood.  That’s when I decided to skip the pineapple today.

It was almost 10am as I walked past the Tinto store (Gonzalo wasn’t there) so I just continued on my way to Panaderia Los Mejores.  As I was crossing the street I thought I saw Damaris but when I got there she wasn’t in sight.  While I was drinking my coffee and eating my croissant I did see her so when I finished I waited in line again and handed her a note that said: “Merry Christmas.  Happy New Year.  Do you want to be friends?”  It was very busy so I didn’t stick around for a reply.

As I was walking back towards the Tinto store I heard someone call my name; it was Dario on his way to pay his Une (communications) bill in Exito.  He handed it to me – he wanted me to pay it – I declined but I did notice it was only 54,000 pesos.  I told him mine is double that – I think I remembered it’s about 104,000 pesos.  I’m sure he has telephone and television but he probably doesn’t have Wi-Fi.  So, maybe that means when I drop my telephone and television I should save about 54mil or so.  We played frogger as we walked across the street to Exito.  We confirmed we’re meeting at Mall de Laureles today at 2pm to play chess and he wants to do the same tomorrow.  He told me it’s a new year and he doesn’t plan on losing this year.  He’s so funny!  Lol.  As we parted I was surprised to find he pays his bill in the bank while I pay mine in Exito near the entrance.  

I bought my monthly supply of Tamsulosin at the pharmacy for 36,225 ($19.07) and then 2 packages of 2 Glade air fresheners, 2 more kitchen towels and another package of Trident gum for a total of 50,620 ($26.64).
About 1:30pm I had a large hot dog and medium Pepsi at Dogger’s for 9,700 pesos in the lower level of Viva CC.  Dario showed up at LM at 2pm as scheduled.  First I showed him the Christmas booklet that mentioned Parque del Ajedrez (chess park) that’s located in berrio Santa Mónica (Calle 35 & Carrera 94) just west of us up in the hills.  He wants to go check it out tomorrow.  I assume we’ll use his car.

We played 2 games and in both games he pushed one or both of his knights down my throat and won them both.  (I know what I did wrong in the 2nd game as I switched the order of two moves.)

About 5pm I had Chinese food at Oriente Chino in LM.  They call it Arroz con Pollo Especial and I had it with a glass of jugo de mora (blackberry juice) for 17mil ($8.95).  It consisted of chinese rice, chicken, a few pieces of beef, vegetables and pieces of something that seemed like bologna but I confirmed with the owner is ham.  In the future I’ll try to remember to order it without the ham (jamon). 

From 6pm to 7pm I was at Fresco Pan having a cup of coffee and reading more of my Nook book.  While sitting there I received a text message that said (in Spanish): “Polar vortex in U.S. leaves 20 dead and five billion dollars in losses.”  Andrea was there and I asked her what something was that she had just taken out of the oven and she said it was pan integral which I understand means whole grain bread but it was more in the form of “pigs in a blanket” without the “pigs”.  She said there was something inside but I didn’t understand what.

I mentioned last night I purchased Bit Defender Total Security for $51.97.  Here’s a description:
Bitdefender Total Security is the acknowledged Antivirus of the Year. With a non-intrusive and extremely fast scanning technology, it offers the ultimate silent security against e-threats.
ü       Ultimate anti-malware defense for your data
ü       Extremely fast. Non-intrusive. With Bitdefender Photon™
ü       Guards your online transactions. Protects your digital identity.
ü       Reveals your kids’ online activities. Restricts them when necessary.
ü       Safely stores your information online and syncs it between devices
ü       Safeguards laptops and netbooks in case of loss or theft

DETAILS
Antivirus & Antispyware: Protects you against any type of e-thtreats.  Also does not cause slowdowns and can take security-related decision for you, allowing you to enjoy your PC without interruptions. 
Bitdefender Photon: Boosts scanning time and eliminates any slowdowns in a matter of hours by gradually understanding and adapting to your PC.
Bitdefender Safepay: Protects online banking and e-shopping.  Keeps your credit card information private.
Fraud Warnings. Secure Browsing: Tells you if a link is safe even before you click it in Google and Bing search results.  Furthermore, it blocks access to infected links that you have already clicked.
Security Report: Displays your overall security status for the past week, outlines issues if any and ways to fix them, and recommends you to set up inactive features and complete your protection.
Wallet: Stores your sensitive credentials and automatically logs you in to all your favorite websites, emails and apps.
Bitdefender Autopilot: Play, watch movies, or simply enjoy your PC without interruptions or slowdowns.  Allow Bitdefender to take all the security-related decisions for you.
Online Privacy Protection: Surf the internet and socialize without worries.  Your private information cannot be seen or stolen by hackers.
Two-Way Firewall: Monitors your internet connections and keeps strangers from accessing your Wi-Fi connection.
Parental Control: Blocks inappropriate content, restricts Web access between certain hours, and helps you remotely monitor your children’s online activity – even on Facebook!
Cloud Antispam: Stops unwanted e-mail from reaching your inbox, now fully based on Cloud technology.
Secure Online Storage: Stores your important files in a secure online location so you can safely manage them from all your devices – iPhones, iPads, Android phones or PCs. The first 2GB free.
Device Anti-Theft: Locks, wipes or even locates your laptop from any internet-connected device you have at hand.
Tune-Up: Boosts your PC’s performance, by cleaning up system files and registries.

No comments:

Post a Comment