Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday, January 18th, 2014



Last night I watched the 1999 movie Himalaya (7.5).  As a Tibetan village prepares for an annual trek to exchange salt for grain, its allegiances are split between the chieftain and a rebellious upstart.”

I went to bed at 11pm, got to sleep quickly, woke up at 5:15 to some kind of noise in the building and finally woke/got up at 7:45.

I stopped at Los Mejores but didn’t see Damaris so I continued on to Bunuelos Express where I had my usual breakfast.  Afterwards I worked on revising my chess table specifications until Augusto showed up at 9:45.  We played 5 games and I won them all.  He left at 12:30, I packed up, made a restroom stop, and then ordered the chicken Combo #2 from Frisby for 17,700 ($9.32).  Bob came by and I reminded him that Monday is our 1 year anniversary of arriving in Colombia.  I watched him walk to the other end of the mall and join Margarita.  I left about 1:45 when it appeared all the tables were taken.

I decided to make one final attempt at finding the paper store – if they are open anytime it should be on a Saturday afternoon.  This time I was successful – I don’t know how I missed it before.  It’s called Conpapeles (probably means “with paper”) and is on the west side of the street a block away from Calle 44 at Carrera 81 #42-143.  I bought a scratch pad for 1,400 (74 cents).

Dinner was the chili and mango juice at Comedor de Chava.

As a separate posting, from an expat, the Most Dangerous Cities in Latin America.


No comments:

Post a Comment