Sunday, January 5, 2014

Saturday, January 4th, 2014



Last night I watched another Netflix recommendation – a 2010 movie titled Checkmate.  It really looked like a class “B” movie.  The dialogue especially was painful to listen to.  Examples:  “That’s totally tops!”  “Since I was a little kid I always wanted to sweep sewers.”  On 2 different occasions I noticed they didn’t have the chess board (not the pieces) set up correctly (a white square always has to be on each players right side).  In a few weeks this kid supposedly became a national champion and the tournament was held in what looked like a school gymnasium with maybe 20 players.  I checked IMDB and its rating is a woeful 4.4.

I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:25 and finally woke/got up at 8:30.

I bought a slab of pineapple on my way to Mall de Laureles but cut through Viva mall and ran into the security guard I’ve been flirting with for sometime now.  Finally I asked her name – it’s Juliana.  I’m not romantically interested but it’s still nice to have friends.

At LM I was going through my chess book when Harry stopped by only this time he said his name is “Harry, but not dirty Harry”.  I asked him where his girlfriend is that wants to play chess with me.  He said that he regretted learning the game himself and I told him I’d be happy to give him a lesson and he said maybe next week.  He did make mention of his wife so I know he has one of those too.

At 10:45 Augusto showed up and we started another chess marathon.  At 12:30 I ordered an empandas & Coke for each of us for a total of 8mil.  He left at 1:45 and the final result was 6 wins for me and 2 for him.
At 4pm I was getting hungry so I had the Hamburger Combo #3 from Gordog’s for 10,500.

No comments:

Post a Comment