Saturday, July 16, 2022

Friday, July 15, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, and got up once during the night at 3:45 for a trip to the bathroom. I finally woke/got up at 7:45. Pretty much the same as the night before.

I’m almost over my cold.

At breakfast Teresa informed me we are almost out of eggs.

I left the apt at 9:45 and took a Didi to the mall. I stopped in Exito and picked up a complimentary copy of the Gente newspaper. I’ll try to remember to do that every Friday.

In the past I’ve been in Todo Fresa and my cellphone gave me a poor wifi connection with Home Center. My goal today is to find a location where I could get a strong wifi connection and then find a café near that location. At the main entrance to the mall I managed to log into the mall’s Wi-Fly wifi. It stayed strong and I went to Todo Fresa and had coffee.

When I left, I bought a large package of eggs and returned to the apt by taxi.

A Facebook post said Envigado (as well as almost all areas south of Medellin) will be without water service from 10am next Saturday through 10pm Sunday. 😊

Later, Teresa said she wants to buy something to store water but my plan is to just hang out in malls for the weekend. Use their restrooms and their restaurants. She said then I won’t be able to shower on Sunday. I already went a week without a shower after my last surgery.

I checked the receipt of the umbrella I purchased and I have 4 more days to exchange it. Laura asked what was wrong with it and in the process of our demonstrating how it worked, Teresa changed her mind and decided she would keep it. She gave me hers so now I don’t have to worry about going to El Tesoro. 😊 The only problem is it “peeks out” of my tech bag a bit.

Laura left at 1:45 for another doctor’s appointment.

I had a 90-minute nap after lunch.

I left the apt at 3:45 and walked to Eduardo Madrid bakery. I bought 7 sesame seed bagels for 18,900 ($4.50) and had a latte there for 7,200 (less than $2).

I’m noticing more people wearing masks on the street.

I returned to the apt just before 6pm.

A portero dropped off our Tigo/Une (wifi) and epm (utility) bills. That’s the last of the bills for July.

The TranslateZ app I downloaded appears to be the same as the Photo Translator app I used the past couple months.

Teresa asked me to see if La Bodeguita Havanera is open. I googled it and got the address (across from Parque Laureles #2) and phone number and the web says it’s open.

Teresa fixed her hair then remembered tonight is the last episode of Desafio. 😊 She solved that problem as we went back to La Casita Parilla since they have a TV inside that she can see from the picnic bench outside. Laura joined us about 5 minutes later and we all had chicken shish kebabs with drinks for 52mil ($13). We returned to the apt by Didi where Teresa was able to finish the episode at home.

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Terry, I posted this on 7/8. I am reposting it in case you did not catch it. Hope all is great in your life.
    Jack Williams
    Terry, it took awhile to get information regarding which TRANSLATE NOW app is the one I believe the Facegroups meant. Search for "Translate Now -Transltor". I do believe this is the one as they said it also translates itmes in pictures (take a picture of your pizza, it will show the spanish worrd for pizza and other items in the picture), text, voice camera witout taking a picture, when you text it shows in both langueges. The icon for it shows as blue colors, along with "Hello" and some Chinese or Japanese characters. Let me know how it works for you, please.

    ReplyDelete