Monday, July 25, 2022

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 2:45, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 3:30 and viewed a couple chess videos, returned to bed at 4:30, woke up at 7am, and got up at 7:30. Our tower water is supposed to come on at 8am so a couple minutes after I’ll make my last trip to the restroom. I basically just washed my face in a bucket of water in the shower.

Teresa is up and bored so she may go with me for breakfast.

We took a Didi to Sere where we were informed there was no water and no bathrooms available. We sat down and I ordered a latte and Teresa an aromatica. I checked my messages and Glenn had already been there and left for Hija Mia Nomada. I had their French toast and a couple lattes and Teresa had fresh fruit with avocados and bread. I think she forgot to ask for it toasted. We were back at the apt by 10am.

Teresa wanted to go to the new mall in Bello (CC Parque Fabricato).  I ordered a Didi to first pick us up then MT then go to the other (north) side of the valley. We left at 1pm. This is the current state of construction of the new Idea store, taken from our car.



At one point traffic ahead on the expressway looked deadlock so I turned on Waze on my cellphone and the driver followed it to keep us moving even though we may have only saved a few minutes. The trip cost 34mil and took 45 minutes to an hour.

The mall was basically the same as all other malls.

 I saw this restaurant named Pigasus. I remember a smaller verson near Los Molinos mall. I believe the serve mainly burgers and ribs. Their theme is something about "the place where pigs can fly".



 We had lunch in Crepes & Waffles for 93,450 pesos. They had no water problem; I think it is confined to southern Medellin. We returned by another Didi in 45 minutes for 30mil and were back by 6pm.

I realized we had running water again when I heard Teresa doing dishes at 8pm. Nice!

I finished reading Emily St. John Mandel’s Sea of Tranquility on my Nook.

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Funny Pix - So.... Those 'police' (note quotes & lower case!) there were afraid of being shot, eh? They SHOULD be more afraid of being FIRED for incompetence and cowardice!! [Geeez]

    ReplyDelete