Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Monday, July 11, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up once during the night at 2:15 (it was raining) for a trip to the bathroom. I got up at 6:45 and left with Laura at 7:45. At G&C she had their acai bowl and French toast and I ordered their calentao with scrambled eggs. I should have taken a photo as I was not impressed with it. The check for the 3 entrees with a latte for me and bottle of water for her came to 84,894 pesos ($21).

Laura left to take a Didi to Poblado and I went a block away to Parva where I had a café con leche and read more of my chess book.

Teresa called and asked me to pick up a bottle of Blancox bleach at Tienda D1.

I found Glenn outside Los Porteños and we briefly discussed the MS Office license. We’re going to gather more information and we’ll discuss it further at Wednesday’s breakfast.

I picked up a bottle of a different brand of bleach and a package of arepas in Tienda D1 for less than 10mil and returned to the apt.

Laura gifted Teresa one of her old iPhones but I told Teresa not to expect any help from me with it. I suggested she use the iPhone for watching her Youtube videos in the apt and continue to use her Samsung for calls and use on the street.

I checked my blog and I purchased a Microsoft Office 365 Family subscription with 5 licenses for $99.99 last December 28th and gifted one license to Juan. I’ll talk to Glenn more about this at breakfast on Wednesday.

I received the following message from CS, “We have updated your account with the Travel Notice you provided.  As a result, standard fraud monitoring of your Schwab One Visa Platinum Debit Card has been tailored to include awareness of your travel.  Upon expiration of your travel notice, standard fraud monitoring will be re-instated.  Though not guaranteed, this tailored approach should result in fewer usage interruptions and declinations during your travel.”

We’ll see how this progresses. I don’t want to give up my Citibank account and its debit card until I know CS works for me.

We heard the ice maker making strange sounds again. Teresa confirmed she requested full size ice cubes which is what prompted this to happen before. I removed the ice cube storage container and put it in the utility sink for all the cubes and frost to melt. With Laura’s help I figured out how to temporarily turn off the ice making capability.

The ladies left about 1:30 for a doctor appointment for Laura in Mayorca.

We had a quick shower in the afternoon.

A couple hours later I put the ice container back and turned the ice making capability back on.

My son texted me, “Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be able to visit this summer. Murray (his 10-year-old dog) and I spent 6 hours at the emergency vet on Saturday. They think she has a bulging disc in her spine. She has to rest for a month and take three prescriptions and hopefully that helps because the other options aren’t good.”

After I wished them the best he responded, “She seems a little better, but she still lies in the same spot all day and doesn’t move much. Definitely still not herself.”

I downloaded and installed “TranslateZ: Voice, Document & Camera Translator”. It comes 3 days free then $32.99/year ($3.49/month).

The ladies returned at 8:15 with empanadas for supper.

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. I haven't visited your blog in ages
    Glad you are fine
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete