Monday, July 25, 2022

Friday, July 22, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 11:30pm, fell asleep quickly, slept through the night, woke up at 6:30, tried falling back asleep, finally got up at 7:30. Feel pretty good.

Teresa left at 8am for the gym.

Yesterday in Home Center I came across some “cooling pillowcases” which reminded me my daughter gave me one last year. I started to use it then realized I was using a cooling pillowcase in “cold” weather. I removed it and now have no idea where we put it. To be continued.

I left at 9:30 and walked to the little strip mall by Marcos’ apartment. They have a Celebrity Barber Shop where Santiago gave me a haircut similar to the one I used to get in Viva Envigado but 10mil less expensive. At the end he styled it in a way I’m not used to including the front pushed up like a flattop. Anyway, I think Teresa will like the shortness of it.

I went across the street where I had a latte in Maca. A block further in Mercado Madrid I bought 3 bags of milk and a bottle of decaf coffee before returning to the apt.

Teresa called me at 12:30 to inform me she’s getting her hair and eyebrows done so I’m on my own for lunch.

Glenn texted me “Danny says that Na is open this weekend as are other restaurants that he knows about. They have water towers. My building has a tower as well but I was told there will be no running water.”

I translated the notice the portero gave us yesterday and I understand each building has water towers. Even though water will be off for most of southern Medellin our building will give us access to our tower’s water from 5pm-9pm on Saturday and 8am to noon on Sunday. Still they ask us to avoid using washing machines, cleaning bathrooms, or other general cleaning. And the swimming pool will be out of service for these two days.



I left at 1:30 and took a Didi to the mall. Surprisingly, I didn’t find a Gente newspaper in Exito. I had a burger and Coke at a new place called H{}ME Burger. I can’t really recommend it. I stopped in Cine Colombia and found The Black Telephone playing at 7:10. I called several times but Teresa didn’t answer for almost 2 hours. She isn’t interested in the movie, or maybe just not tonight. She asked me to buy apples and blueberries in Exito before I return. There was only one cashier available at the usual express line in Exito so it took some time to check out and then there was a long slow line for a taxi.

Teresa thought my haircut was “ugly”. I thought she would like it just because it’s short. Nope!

I was watching the series Manifest on Netflix but gave up after 5 or 6 episodes. Looking for something better.

 

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment