Saturday, August 27, 2022

Friday, August 26, 2022

Last night I didn’t take any pills, went to bed at 9:15 and it took a while to fall asleep. I woke up at 2am and made a trip to the bathroom. I went back to bed and catnapped until getting up at 3:15. We were all ready to go when Carlos arrived at 4am.

We took the backway to the airport arriving by 5am for their 6:30am flight. They had no bags to check so we said our goodbyes and they went through a short line to enter.

I bought small coffees for Carlos and I at Juan Valdez before returning to his taxi. I was back at the apt by 6:15 and Carlos charged me 180mil.

I joined Teresa already in bed and we slept until 8:15.

I walked to the mall where I picked up a Gente newspaper and had a few chess pages printed. I had a latte in Todo Fresa until about 11:30.

I ran into a young lady with a cute puppy and after a short discussion in English I learned it is a husky/Pomeranian mix that cost her 2 million pesos in Rionegro.

In Exito I ran into Chris Cajoleas, the Tejo gringo. He is trying to move his business to Poblado, specifically the Patio Bonito neighborhood, but is dealing with the usual Colombian bureaucracy. I bought apples, bananas, and blueberries before returning to the apt by taxi.

Dario finally responded and we agreed to meet in Los Molinos mall tomorrow at 2pm to play chess. I’ll just have to leave by 5/5:30 to be back in time for the 6pm Bears game.

Marcos told me about an Israeli/Indian restaurant in Los Contenedores so I’m considering going there for lunch today. I’m also considering seeing Bullet Train (7.5) this afternoon at 5:30.

We heard some thunder in the area.

Teresa is going to meet her mother to go to a mall somewhere.

I left at 2pm and walked to Los Contenedores on Ave. Las Vegas. “Contenedores” means “containers” as all the restaurants are inside shipping containers. Marcos recommended what he called an Israeli/Indian restaurant named Tabun Express. A young lady there named Viviana spoke perfect English and helped answer some of my questions about the menu.







The food was okay, nothing special but only cost 30mil.

Teresa has been calling her mother but she doesn’t answer, she thinks she fell asleep.

I left at 4:30 and took a Didi to the mall. I added 50mil to my platinum card and bought a premium ticket to Bullet Train for 16,800 pesos ($4).

I took a seat until 5:15 then made a final trip to the restroom before buying a small popcorn and large soda for 23,300 pesos ($5.50). They showed a trailer for the new Avatar movie but I don’t think I’m interested. Bullet Train was good but not great but with some amazing action and special effects.

When I came out it was obvious there had been some rain. There was a long line for a taxi but I got in the back and using InDriver I offered to pay 10mil for a 6mil ride back to the apt. They wanted me to offer more but I just closed the app. I heard some young’uns behind me speaking English but when I made a comment they shut up. It was about a 10-minute wait to return to the apt.

 

Funny pix of the day






No comments:

Post a Comment