Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Last night I took half a Zopiclona, went to bed at 10pm, and fell asleep quickly. A car playing loud music woke/got up at 1 am and I took the other half, returned to bed and fell back asleep quickly. I woke again at 5:30, made a trip to the bedroom and went back to bed and did my Kegel exercises. I tried falling back asleep but gave up at 6am.

On my way to El Pastelito I walked under a tree with at least a dozen squawking green parrots. 😊 I arrived at 8:29; Glenn made a wrong turn and arrived 10 minutes later. I ordered a café con leche and he a hot chocolate. When it was time to order food I asked for calentao but they didn’t have it. I ordered scrambled eggs and a buttered arepa and Glenn asked for the same.

We chatted about our latest experiences with the medical system. I told him about my positive MagicJack experience. Glenn suggested we have one of our future breakfasts at Viejo John’s in Sabaneta.

The check was 16mil TOTAL for both of us! Lately we’ve been paying close to 50mil each for breakfast.

We walked back to La Buena Mesa and said goodbye just past the church. I saw that Pasteur was closed so I just went on to Parva where I had a latte, reviewed my chess notes and played a few games of speed chess. Teresa called me and told me we’re going soon to spend the day with her niece. I bought 2 bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

I see MU, now under new management, will reopen next weekend. They will now be open Thursday-Saturday from 6-10 pm and Sunday from 11:30 to 2:30. Yay! I hope they still deliver to Envigado.

My brother left me a MagicJack voice mail that my distant (our families didn’t get together that often) cousin Sandy died yesterday unexpectedly of a heart attack. She was about 60 years old and was healthy enough that she ran marathons.

Catalina picked us up in her Chevy at 12:30 and took us to her apartment where Teresa made Sancocho. I’ve figured out some of their names: Adriana, Catalina and Ricardo. 😊 We were taken to another tower where we met an English-speaking woman. She has a boyfriend in Jacksonville. She showed Teresa and Catalina some clothes which she apparently sells out of her apt.

Catalina returned us to Envigado where we had pizza at Gloria’s restaurant.

She had a few raindrops on her windshield and we were back at our apt by 8:45 and I prepared for bed.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment