Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Monday, August 22, 2022

Last night I took a Zopiclona and an allergy pill, went to bed at 10pm but it took a few minutes to fall asleep. I made a trip to the bathroom at 1:30 and again at 5:15, catnapped after that until getting up just before 6am.

For breakfast I had a small bowl of granola with half a banana.

Carlos picked me up at 7am and Jeannie and Jacob just before 7:30. The idea was to take the tunnel to the airport but Carlos soon learned there had been an accident and the tunnel was closed. I caught a short nap on the way. Traffic was bumper to bumper and we finally arrived at the airport just after 9am for their 10am flight. I paid Carlos 110mil and told him he could leave.

We said our goodbyes, they got in line, I made a trip to the restroom then looked in a café for a blueberry muffin. No luck! They texted me they were at the gate waiting for their flight so I got on a bus to San Diego mall. We waited about 15 minutes until the bus was nearly full before leaving. When we arrived at the stoplight at San Diego mall I was wondering why no one was paying and leaving the bus. The driver took us another block to a new bus stop out of the line of traffic where we each paid the 13mil as we deboarded.

I walked across the street to San Diego mall where I made a quick trip to the restroom. Back across the street I hopped on an Envigado bus and asked if he was taking Ave. Las Vegas to Viva Envigado. He said “no” and pointed to another bus 100 yards in front of us. I crossed the side street as the bus was just pulling away. Another arrived a minute later and as I got on I asked if he was going to Viva Envigado. He said “yes” and I paid the 2,550 pesos and took a seat. In Envigado the driver never turned down to Ave Las Vegas but stayed on Ave Poblado until turning east and I got off at the next block. I walked another block and caught a taxi to Viva Envigado.

I bought a blueberry muffin for 7,500 pesos in Starbucks and went upstairs where I enjoyed it with a latte (another 7,900 pesos) in Santa Leña.

At noon I called Teresa and she asked me to pick up cilantro and 6 or 7 avocados in Exito. I found a young lady working there who helped me pick out the avocados and I returned by taxi to the apt. Teresa told me the problem this time was all of the avocados are ripe, I should have bought some of the green ones.

For lunch Teresa made pasta and I cobbled together a slice of garlic bread using a hamburger bun, margarine, and garlic spread.

After lunch I napped for an hour and 20 minutes and Teresa for 2 hours.

I informed Teresa that tomorrow I’m going to see Bullet Train (7.5) at 5:30 and if she wants to come with me, fine. If not, “adios pues”.

It’s now 6 months since my latest surgery so I no longer have to wear a faja and I can start exercising again. I did some minimal curls and extensions with my 7# dumbbell. Tomorrow I’ll try wearing my old 34-inch jeans and/or shorts so we’ll see how that goes.

For supper I ordered chicken wings from Rocket Wings.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment