Monday, August 15, 2022

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10pm. (It had just started drizzling.) We decided to sleep in different bedrooms so we can both, hopefully, get a good (or at least better) night’s sleep. I woke/got up at 5am for a trip to the bathroom and soon gave up sleeping and got up at 5:15.

I managed to figure out how to access NFL Game Pass Inernational on my Amazon Fire Stick but I couldn’t progress further after entering my email address and password. So close!

Teresa got up at 6:30.

I left at 8:45 and took a Didi to Jeannie’s AirB&B in Poblado for 7,718 pesos. El Cielo is on the other side of their block and there is an ice cream store and Domino’s pizza on their block. Across the street is Dragon Café and on the other side of that block is Sweet Georgia Café which is where I ended up.

I was finishing my first coffee when Glenn arrived right on time at 9:30. He informed me he now has High Speed Fiber Optic Internet from Claro and he told me I should be able to use Alexa to help install NFL Game Pass on my Amazon Fire Stick.

I returned to the apt by Didi for 8,238 pesos.

I asked the porteros if our building is wired for High Speed Fiber Optic internet and they had no idea.

I tried using Alexa to install NFL Game Pass and it didn’t get me any further than before.  I had some concern regarding my correct password so I downloaded their app to my cellphone and was able to confirm the correct password. Back to the Fire Stick and I still get stuck on the email address/password screen.



There is no “enter” option here or any other obvious way to continue.

A downpour started at 12:40 but only lasted 20 minutes.

Teresa left at 1:30 to visit her niece Catalina in Sabaneta.

At 3:15 I was ready to leave the apt when I realized I had yet to eat lunch. I wasn’t really hungry at the moment but I figured I might be starving soon so I heated up a rib with a few French fries and ate them with one of my small Cokes. I left just after 3:30 and walked to Parva where I had a café con leche while reviewing some chess notes. I also played a few games of speed chess and have increased my rating from somewhere around 1200 to 1350. About 5:15 I noticed it was drizzling lightly. The weather hadn’t changed much when I left just before 6pm. I bought a couple packages of arepas in Tienda D1 on my way back to the apt.

Teresa called me at 7:30 and informed me she’s bringing me a chicken shish kebab from La Estacion.

Teresa returned at 9pm with my food. I really don’t like eating so late as my stomach will be trying to digest my food while I’m sleeping.

I made plans to meet Marcos for coffee tomorrow at 10am. I’m hoping he can give me some advice about my NFL Game Pass app.

I finished reading John Grisham’s The Broker on my Nook.

It was still drizzling when I went to bed at 10pm.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment