Monday, August 8, 2022

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Last night I took a whole Zopiclona, went to bed at 10pm and fell asleep quickly. I woke up at 4am and made a trip to the bathroom. Teresa was breathing loudly so about 5am I moved to the guest bedroom. I rested but didn’t really sleep so I got up at 6am.

I understand today is a holiday, Battle of Boyaca Day.

Yes, “agotado” means exhausted which certainly is a good equivalent for “out of stock”.

Last February I changed my US Chess address to Colombia but haven’t received a single Chess Life magazine so today I changed it to the new Miami address.

At 8:45 we took a Didi to Azai but at first it was the wrong location, Manila instead of Provenza in Poblado.The driver got us there for the same amount but I still tipped him generously. This location is a couple blocks south of Parque Lleras, which is still under construction. I had the Greek Lovers Bowl and Teresa had some egg dish.




From there we took a Didi to El Tesoro mall. We were there by 10:30 and the stores don’t open until 11am on Sundays. Teresa “exchanged” some clothes in Zara but somehow it ended up costing me 408,900 pesos ($100) more.

At the copy center using an old USB drive I printed some chess notes, an August calendar, and my email confirmation for our Punta Cana trip. While the muchacho was busy with that I entered their number in my contacts, added it to Whatsapp and sent Jeannie’s flight information from my cellphone to that address. He quickly found it and printed it also.

Teresa did some more shopping then we went down to a lower level to Merka Organica for lunch. This time we got a table on their beautiful restaurant patio.










I ordered a chicken Cesar salad and Teresa ordered chicken with potatoes. When it arrived



She said the chicken was burned and she wanted her potato baked not fried. They took it back and she went to their cafeteria where she ordered lemon chicken with rice and a salad.



The check came to 89,200 pesos ($22).

She talked on and off with her friend Vickie but they never met up and we returned to the apt by taxi.

I was planning to go out for coffee but Teresa informed me today is MT’s birthday and she’s having lunch with family. I told her it’s a little too late (3:30) to be meeting for lunch and she replied we would just be having coffee with them after. She was on the phone with someone (s) for quite some time and nothing happened, so… Teresa told me she wanted to go to Mu for ribs and I had to inform her that they aren’t open now.

Today was a beautiful day, high about 82 degrees with no rain.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment