Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Monday, August 15, 2022

Today is a holiday, Assumption of Mary.

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10pm. (It was still drizzling and I think it continued overnight.) I fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, and woke/got up at 6:30. Teresa reported she slept well also.

I met Marcos outside Tostao at 10am. My original idea was to have coffee at Maca and pay the Direct TV bill at the store with the $efecty sign outside. But because today is a holiday both are closed. Tostao had a problem with their coffee maker so we ended up next door at Bunuelos. I asked him for advice with my NFL Game Pass app and he reminded me we can see all the games on Medellin TV. I forgot. I should watch them on MTV until I have a problem and then subscribe to NFL Game Pass. However, the next Bears game is Thursday night when Jeannie and Jacob arrive but with NFL Game Pass I can watch the game later whenever I want.

Marcos left and I stuck around to review some chess notes and play a few speed chess games.

I returned to the apt by noon and found Teresa sitting in the porteria waiting for her mother to arrive in a taxi. They’re going to San Diego mall and I will meet them there later for lunch.

I left at 1pm and took a Didi to San Diego mall. On the way Teresa called and informed me they were in Premium Plaza mall instead. It’s actually slightly closer so the charge was the same. I couldn’t find them on the 2nd floor so I sat down outside Bershka and called Teresa and asked her to find me. After checking out a few other restaurants in the fast food area we finally settled on Frisby. Teresa and I each had the Frischuleta and MT had something similar but smaller.

They checked out a few kiosks selling stuff and they we walked 4 blocks north to San Diego mall. They had a Japanese Bonzai tree exhibit and I took these photos. (They don't look Bonzai to me).


We had ice cream in Crepes & Waffles...

Mine was described as (near as I can figure out by translating it myself) Old Style vanilla ice cream in a symphony of caramel sauce, English and chocolate. Fresh slices of banana, crunchy cookie, wafers and whipped cream.



before returning to Envigado by Didi for 21mil.

I received another error message using my Jal Tech USB drive so I think it is irrepairly damaged. I formatted the drive again so we’ll see if it takes this time.

Teresa suggested we see a movie tonight. Beast is playing at 8:30.

A few minutes later (at 6pm) my alarm went off to remind me to take my melatonin. Teresa asked for one and 5 minutes later she said she was too tired to go to the movies. I guess I was too tired also because I went to bed at 9pm.

 

Funny pix of the day








No comments:

Post a Comment