Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Monday, October 3, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

I left just before 9am and arrived by Didi (6mil) at Daniel’s barbershop (Transversal 34D Sur #30A-27). I got the usual (cut, wash, rinse, shave) plus today I also went for the wax treatment for my ears and nose. His charge seems to be exactly half of what I would pay when I had my haircut in the Celebrity Barber Shop in the mall. The total was only 50mil ($11) and I tipped him another 5 mil.

I took a Didi to Parque Envigado. I stopped at the watch repair kiosk I’ve used in the past but he wasn’t open. I printed a couple pages at the copy center. When the chica put my USB drive in their computer I could see like 8-10 files come up when I know I only have two. From 10 feet away it’s difficult to see what the other files are but she found the two Word files and printed them.

Across from Exito I noticed another watch repair place but it had a line so I skipped it.

In Exito I picked up 4 apples and waited in a long line for one of the express cashiers. I heard some beeping as I got in the end of the line and I saw a cashier repeatedly scanning a 6-pack of beer. I counted 114 times he scanned the same 6-pack until he finished. Who knows how many times he scanned it before I arrived. (Someone’s having a large party.)

I walked to Parva where I had a café con leche while checking the news on my cellphone.

Outside at the La Buena Mesa construction site I noticed workers taking down the 2 wooden workers huts.

I was back at the apt by 11:30.

Here’s the Punta Cana weather forecast for the next week. Mostly cloudy with a 50% chance of rain.



Now I’m on a schedule of M/W/F using my 7# dumbbell for curls, extensions and arm raises.

I left at 4pm and had a latte in Eduardo Madrid. Besides we needed milk which I picked up on my way back to the apt.

For supper Teresa wanted chicken wings so I ordered alitas from Rocket Wings.

At 7:50 we were seated at the dining room table when we experienced a 15-second 4.3 tremblor that occurred near Bucaramanga. I texted Glenn and Marcos right away and Glenn felt it but Marcos did not.

I finished reading Michael Connelly’s Night Fire on my Nook.

According to my new step counter I reached 4,000 steps yesterday.

I think we hit a high of 88 degrees today. We’ve now had a few days in a row without rain so maybe this truly is the start of summer (non-rainy season).

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment