Thursday, October 13, 2022

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2 am, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises, went back to sleep, was awakened by my alarm at 7am, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7:30. Because of her cold, Teresa slept in the guest bedroom again but she seems better this morning.

I received a message from Jhon William Berrio (311 375 5601), my old Spanish tutor from Laureles.

·     Bob Sissler passed away last May. He probably died of a heart attack from too much drinking and smoking and confining himself in his apt.


·     Jhon was hospitalized for more than a month due to “a serious problem with my colon. There was a fissure which caused an infection. Now I’m okay but still recovering and using a colonoscopy for another 3 months.”


Teresa called to inform me I’m on my own for lunch as she’s going to have her eyelashes done.

I saw a posting on FB that Jeff Paschke of Medellin Guru passed away. No other details at this time.

I took a Didi to a new (opened 2 weeks ago) fish & chips “garage” restaurant called Pez in Provenza of Poblado. The driver stopped on Calle 10 and I paid her the 9mil. If she had made a right turn at the next street it would have been a 20’ walk to the restaurant but it was a one way street the other direction.

As I walked to the window the solo guy sitting at one of the tables asked me if I’m really from Chicago. (I was wearing my Chicago White Sox t-shirt). I said, “yes”, and he said he’s from Wicker Park. He had to leave so we didn’t get to talk more. I explained to the restaurant owner how I seldom like fish and he made my fish & chips with Sea Bass. The fish was good although saltier than I’m used to and I found 4 bones so I guess it was real fish. 😊 The chips (French fries) were very good.



The total came to...can't remember...but I know it was less than 50mil.

I walked over to Calle 10A where I asked a taxi driver if he was available (yes) and could he take me to Envigado (no).

Rain was a little threatening but I walked down Calle 10 to Avenida Poblado where I quickly caught an Envigado bus. I hit my head as I was boarding. For some reason the fare was 2,650 when I’ve been paying 2,550. Not sure if this was a special bus (it was smaller than usual) or all the fares have gone up.

I was trying to decide whether to head straight home because of the threat of rain or to get off a couple blocks further and go to Los Porteños for coffee.

I was surprised when the bus turned left at Otra Parte so I quickly hit the buzzer and got off and walked back to the apt.

I used my Amazon Firestick to log into Netflix and now I can use my headphones. For example, Breaking Bad (9.5) has no subtitles and it’s hard to hear. Now with my headphones I can hear fine and I don’t bother Teresa.

Today I made 4,848 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment