Thursday, October 27, 2022

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1:15, fell back asleep, woke up at 5:30, did my Kegel exercises, fell back asleep, was awakened by my alarm at 7am and got up. Teresa had just left for the gym.

I was leaving the apt at 8:15 when Teresa returned because she forgot to do something. I walked to Los Portenos where I had a small latte and Teresa arrived about 15 minutes later. Workers outside were finishing up installing a curb using preformed concrete sections about 4’ x 3’.




I had my usual whole wheat croissant with scrambled eggs and Teresa ordered her usual ham sandwich. We each had a large latte to go with it. She didn’t seem to like the arugula on her sandwich so she sent it back (1,900 pesos) and had them add onion (3,200 pesos) and tomato (1,900 pesos). The total was 62,933 pesos ($13).

She returned to the apt and I met Marcos at Maca at 10am. He told me when he dies he wants to have his body shipped back to New York so he can be buried in the same cemetery as his parents. He is looking for a mortuary here that he can prepay to take care of all the arrangements. I told him I can’t help him with that one. I was showing him my new Forcasz pants when I realized they don’t convert to shorts like the others I have.

After Marcos left I went inside the cafĂ© but soon Teresa called and asked me to return to the apt as we’re soon leaving to see Daniela in the hospital.

Back in the apt I changed into a lighter shirt but took my jacket (which I never needed) because I still have some symptoms of a cold.

In the porteria we had the portero call us a taxi which Teresa directed to pick up her mother. I caught this quick photo of the south side of the Ikea construction from the taxi.


We then went northbound on the highway. I noticed old narrow railroad tracks between the highway and the river. Funny I don’t recall seeing them before. The tracks didn’t look very wide, was it a narrow-gauge railroad? We passed a mall named Florida where I saw a few soldiers (one with a semi-automatic weapon) standing outside. We arrived at a hospital named Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana.

The guard wouldn’t allow us to enter without a cedula and of course Teresa forgot hers. She searched the photo gallery on her phone while I did the same and I finally found one from a year ago. They checked her ID, took a photo of her and allowed her to enter (only one visitor at a time). MT and I waited outside until Teresa returned about 45 minutes later. We went to the hospital’s cafeteria where we had a tasty “menu del dia” for 11mil each.





After lunch, I made a trip to the restroom and noticed this sign:



Teresa invited me to go upstairs to visit with Daniela. She was sitting up in bed looking pretty good. I learned she was first in Miami for 5 days then 3 days out of 7 in a 5-star resort in Cancun when her problem started. (She mentioned that Mexican food is very spicy so I wonder if that somehow contributed to her problem.) Her blood hemoglobin level was at 5 and now it’s 8 but she can’t leave until it’s at 12. While there I noticed it was raining heavily outside. I wished her the best and told her I would see her later.

Outside we quickly caught a taxi back to Envigado. The driver didn’t have any GPS or cellphone app so I turned on Waze on my cellphone to guide us through heavy traffic back to Envigado.

The charge each way was almost 30mil.

Esmeralda came over in the evening and Teresa showed her the jackets she’s finished thus far. She wants to help Teresa sell them.

There is glitter on the floor in every room which you can see when you catch the reflection from the lights.

The currency exchange rate (CER) is getting very close to 5,000, a good time to visit Colombia.

Today I got in 3,144 steps.

 

Fun pix





No comments:

Post a Comment