Thursday, October 20, 2022

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:30, fell back asleep, woke up at 7am, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

I believe I mentioned I’m not wearing a faja any longer. Also, I’ve started using urinals again. 😊

I tried on my 38/48 size Quechua pants but Teresa deemed them too tight.

Teresa and I left at 9am for Los Porteños where we found orkers laying a new cement sidewalk outside. While having our usual breakfast I did multiple translations on my cellphone to explain to her: my application for a USAA credit card, my application for a Charles Schwab “banking product”, and my belief that the new Pricesmart is going to be close to the border with Envigado.

Teresa left to meet her girlfriend Mageli (sp?). I stayed a bit longer to read some more in a chess book. My brother texted that he believes he will come for a 10-day stay in January.

I returned to the apt and dropped off my book, picked up the package with my pants and walked to the mall.

I had my CS application scanned and copied to my USB drive. I went upstairs and looked for a larger pair of Quechua pants in Decathlon but no luck. I had no trouble returning them for a full cash refund, I guess because I bought them with cash.

I went down to Todo Fresa and had a latte while going through some chess notes. A guy I met before named Peter came in with his wife and sat down near me. He informed me that Colpatria is now charging an ATM fee plus a 6% fee for withdrawals so I recommended Davivienda. He has a CS debit card so I asked some questions and got some good advice. One thing, he recommended I not include Colombia as one of the countries in which I reside. (Trying not to end the sentence with a preposition. 😊) Because of that I’ll have to change my paperwork and have it rescanned to my USB drive.

I left at 1:30 and as I was walking across the street I took this photo of the Ikea construction:



At La Bahia it initially looked like all the tables were taken but the owner invited me to a table (2 tables together) where a man was sitting alone. I said the polite, “permiso?” and he replied the polite, “bien puede” and I took a seat diagonally from him.

I ordered frijoles and pechuga de pollo and had a difficult time understanding the waitress’s questions and responses. Now I know why I don’t go there without Teresa. She brought me a bowl of frijoles, chicken breast, French fries and a small salad with a fresh mora (blackberry) juice so all was good.



When I stepped outside it was drizzling. Luckily, from the entrance I managed to flag down a taxi to take me back to the apt.

Teresa called at 5:30 and asked if I was interested in going out for pizza tonight. We agreed to meet closer to 7pm.

Teresa called at 6:40 and asked me to meet her at Antica Pizza. I couldn’t use Didi as they won’t allow me to use their service again until I pay their 2,500 peso fine with a debit/credit card. I used InDrive for 12mil but it isn’t as accurate as Didi as to where they are in relation to me. While sitting inside having our pizza we suddenly smelled an awful odor of marijuana. Somebody reeking must have just came in. If the restaurant make their crust any thinner there won’t be anything to hold the ingredients.

We picked up a couple pastries for the porteros at a nearby bakery before returning to the apt.

I think we hit a new high today with 4,848 pesos to the dollar.

Today I got in 4,624 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment