Monday, October 17, 2022

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3:15, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises, finally getting up at 7:15.

My cold is worse with lots of nose dripping.

Teresa told me she didn’t want to go for breakfast so I quickly made plans with Glenn.

Have I mentioned I’m no longer wearing a faja?

I left the apt at 8:45 and only had a 5-minute wait at Ave Poblado for a Sabaneta bus. I arrived at Sweet Georgia by 9:15 and Glenn was already there. I learned he had written a book, Gluttony at Table #1: The Restaurant that Wouldn’t Quit; he’s going to lend me his paperback copy. I had scrambled eggs and a waffle and 2 lattes for 25mil ($5.50). I had some internet connection issues so we shared a taxi ride back to Envigado.

I spent about an hour working on my Charles Schwab debit card problem. First, I couldn’t get past their automated phone system because I didn’t match what they had on file for my SS number and zipcode. Wtf? I logged into their website and after a short chat a rep recommended I start with their mainline number of (800) 435-4000. To make a long story short I need a High Yield Investor Account then I can set up trip notices for a year, not just 2 weeks. She says what I have now is a brokerage product and I need a banking product. (Either way I can invest in the market, go figure.) She unblocked my account and set up a travel notice for October 16th thru 29th. She also emailed me an application which will allow me to change my account. (It just occurred to me that 2 weeks isn’t Oct 16th - 30th, it’s Oct 16th – 29th.)

For lunch I ordered chicken delivered from Frisby.

I had an hour nap after lunch.

I left the apt at 2pm and a block away I recognized someone outside Los Porteños. By the time I got to him I remembered his name is Nigel. He was talking Spanish to a CO family at the restaurant next door and it looked like he was giving each of the kids a piece of what looked like a cardboard card. When he was about to leave I called out his name and asked if he had done the homework I assigned him. He admitted to having a bad memory and losing his mind and I reminded him he’s supposed to look for the Shyam Moses music I gave him 3-4 years ago.

I had 2 small lattes in Los Porteños while studying an old chess book. Teresa called me at 4:45 and asked me to bring her a slice of carrot cake. The café didn’t have it so I walked to Parva. On my way I saw Nigel sitting deep inside Na Pizza looking at his laptop. I asked him if he’s found Shyam Moses and he said he was looking for a Spanish version of it to share with the waiter.

In Parva I called Teresa as they didn’t have carrot cake either. She requested instead a pastel de guayaba. I had a latte then returned to the apt.

I checked my USAA profile and it has my mailing address in Florida and my physical address the same as my brother’s. I completed USAA’s credit card application (with a $500 credit limit) but I’m sure they will get back to me when they try to do a credit check.

I took another look at the Gente article about the new Pricesmart and though it’s in Poblado I think it’s going to be much closer to us here in Envigado. The article says it will be located “en la transversal inferior con Las Balsos y Campestre”.

I received an email from USAA that my credit card should arrive soon. I forwarded the email to my brother but it looks like my card is going to be sent to my FL address. Hmm. They sent me a document that says they accessed my credit report using Experian (888 397-3742).

I received an email from SS notifying me of the 8.7% COLA increase.

I watched another episode of Breaking Bad on Netflix.

Today I got in 3,277 steps.

 

Fun pix



1 comment:

  1. Terry, lenders most always remember the item lent, the borrower many times will not. I have a huge extended family. It got so bad with lending money, I resorted to filling out promissory notes from the office supply store that I bought. I set up calendar reminders to remind them of the upcoming due dates on their loans. Often now when I am repaid, the lender treats me to lunch or dinner. For non-monetary lens I set up calendar reminders for 30 days from the borrowed date. Now my lent items and loans are handled without issues. Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete