Sunday, October 9, 2022

Saturday, October 8, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3:30, woke up at 6:15 and got up at 6:50.

Today is National Chess Day!

Teresa left at 7am to claim some medications and we’re going to meet soon at Los Porteños for breakfast. She returned at 7:30, informed me there was no line and she’s hungry. I quickly shaved and dressed and we walked to Los Porteños where we had out usual breakfast with lattes.

She had forgotten to bring keys so I gave her mine and she left for the apt.

I had another latte and read some more from my chess book.

There were only a couple small tables available so I paid the check and walked a block to Eduardo Madrid where I had another latte and did some more reading.

Teresa called me to inform me she was meeting her mother and she would drop off the keys on her way. After she did I picked up a bag of 2 sesame bagels, paid for those and my lattes for 13mil and returned to the apt.

I was thinking of trying the fish & chips at the new restaurant Pez in Poblado but then I remembered I have leftover ribs. 😊

I microwaved them for 2 minutes and let them stay there for a while. About 1:30 I microwaved them again with a few fries but the ribs were still not cooked thoroughly so I just threw them in the garbage.

Teresa returned by 3:30.

This is her worktable, an ironing board and a cutting board with all her paints:



Later…

Teresa: Let’s go out to eat.

Me: Okay.

Teresa: “Donde tu queries invitarme?” (her usual question)

Me: no answer.

Teresa: Let’s go to that place…(points in the direction of Medellin).

Me: Chiclayo?

Teresa: Yes.

Me: Okay.

Teresa: (5 minutes later) Let’s go for patacones.

Me: Okay.

Teresa: (5 minutes later) Let’s go to … (obviously can’t remember the name of the place)

Me: Otra Parte?

Teresa: yes.

Me: Okay. But let’s go a little later (it’s only 5:50pm).

Teresa: Okay.

We left at 7pm and walked the 5 minutes to Otra Parte. I had their Mama Pastora and Teresa had some German salad (which she didn’t care for, too much lettuce, and she didn’t eat her cherry tomatoes).





She also had hot tea for her cough and I had a strawberry juice with milk (kind like a milkshake). The total, including tip, was 73mil ($16).

Back at the apt a couple were holding the elevator for us. They had pushed 3rd floor and I pushed 4th floor. When the elevator stopped I got off to make way for them and held the door. Teresa said to me “this isn’t our floor”, then she realized her mistake. As the lady opened the door I signed “she’s just a little crazy”. Teresa then commented she didn’t know gringos were so funny.

I got in 3,000 steps today.

When I went to bed at 10pm Teresa was still working on her jacket decorating and still hadn’t taken off her jacket.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment