Saturday, March 18, 2023

Friday, March 17, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day to all the Irish and those who love (or put up with) them. 😊

Somehow in my new game against Troyclough instead of castling I just moved my king one square towarda the rook. Not what I intended but I’ll hold on as long as I can.

I’m getting low on my Calendula capsules and PipingRock.com is out of stock so I ordered 4 bottles (enough for a year) from Amazon for $92. Estimated delivery date (in Florida) is March 24th - 28th.

Teresa left at 9am for her private gym class and I left at 9:30 for the mall. I ran into Jerry and his wife checking out with their groceries. We’re going to try to meet up next Monday. At Auros I tried to forward an email to their account to print but it didn’t seem to work. Next to me a lady was having what looked like lesion photos of a child so I figured she’s a doctor. I asked if she spoke English but I struck out. It was only when I was showing an employee my problem when I realize my error. Auros’ email address end in “.com.co” and when I pressed the button for “.com” it automatically added a space after and then errored out when I tried to add the “.co”. I got it to work and they printed out what was the receipt for my payment for the US Visitor Visa application. I picked up a Gente newspaper, made an ATM withdrawal and went to Urbania. A young lady was struggling to open the electrical cover using her PC power cord. I took out my portable scissors and opened them and she soon had it open.

While having a latte Teresa sent me a voice mail message via Whatsapp asking me to buy 2 ripe plantains in Exito. A few minutes later she called me to convey the same message. At noon she called me again to inform me she’s having lunch with her cousin Mary, one of the owners of El Rancherito, at Wilson’s bar.

About 1pm I went upstairs and had a burger, fries and Coke at Chef Burger for 32,100 pesos ($6.50). When I sat down at the counter there was a 500 peso coin sitting there but it was glued to the table. Just a conversation piece, I guess.

I went downstairs to Home Center where I bought a 9V battery backup for 25,600 pesos ($6) for my TENS 3000 unit.

I left about 2:30 and stopped in Exito where I bought a box of MPs, 2 ripe plantains and 2 almost ripe bananas. I returned to the apt by taxi.

I see that the movie 65 is playing in Vizcaya at 6:20pm.

When I returned to the apt Teresa was just starting her massage.

When she finished she informed me we’re invited to visit her cousin Mary’s finca in Bello next Monday, a holiday.

I left at 5:15 and took a Didi to Vizcaya, bought a preferred seat for 13,700 ($3) and still had a few minutes to kill. I bought their Combocito (their smallest popcorn, small soda and a Jet chocolate bar) for 14,900 ($3.50).

The movie, 65, was okay, nothing special, just your typical action move.

Afterward, I used my Didi app to call a car. I was a little concerned I would find it but I got lucky, we connected quickly and I was back at the apt by 8:30.

 

Today I got in 5,632 steps.

 

Regarding Adulthood



No comments:

Post a Comment