Monday, March 13, 2023

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, waking/getting up at 7am.

I was just thinking if Teresa and I got married here instead of just a Union Libre that might increase her chances of getting a US Visitor’s Visa. I’ll be exploring this further. Supposedly, our interview with the US embassy isn’t until December of 2024.

I took a Sabaneta bus to Parque Poblado and met Glenn at Sweet Georgia at 9am. I had a couple lattes (included with my meal) and Glenn had a couple cappuccinos (not included with his meal and he didn’t even like them). He also ordered a bottle of water. I took a photo of the books in the exchange shelf and later I’ll check Barnes & Noble to see if any are worth reading. (Later I found 7 books that might be eye worthy.)

My check was 36mil and his was 62mil. We shared a taxi back to Envigado.

I stopped in Mercado Madrid and bought a pack of napkins and a bottle of salad dressing before returning to the apt.

Oops, it looks like the US turned their clocks ahead this morning so now Colombia is on Chicago time.

I’m trying to find confirmation of Teresa’s embassy appointment for December, 2024. I found this entry in my blog for Friday, August 5, 2022: “I received an email from the US embassy in Bogota that Teresa has an interview date for December – 2024”, but I can’t find the original email or a copy of it (screenshot) that I might have made. I finally found a photo in my cellphone gallery. So how did it get there? I think photos in text messages are automatically copied there, but emails? I’ll see if I can print it at Auros. I finally found a message in my Yahoo emails. I’ll print it also.

We left at 1pm and took a Didi to Pricesmart. I didn’t find any taco seasoning that Marcos wanted. We bought 897,102 pesos ($189) of “stuff”, including a bag of prunes. 😊 We returned to the apt by 2:30 just before a drizzle started.

Teresa informed me she has to take her mother to an early doctor’s appointment tomorrow so I’ll be on my own for breakfast.

I’m planning on applying for a Capital One checking account with debit card using the address on my IL driver’s license, but I still have a couple of unanswered questions:

1.  Regarding cellphone, do I give them my brother’s cellphone number or tell them I don’t have one?

2.  Do I set up a subscription with a VPN so they think I’m in Chicago and if so, which one can I use that hopefully has a monthly not annual fee?

Anyone have any ideas?

I watched more episodes of The West Wing.

Even though I’ve been using it all day, I noticed my cellphone battery is at 95%. I went to settings and it says I have 2D 6H left for my battery. I did a restart and now it says 34%. Whew, nice to see it’s back to normal.

We had a drizzle on and off all evening.

Today I got in 4,516 steps.

 

Regarding Adulthood



 

No comments:

Post a Comment