Monday, March 20, 2023

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I took a Didi to Pergamino café where I met Glenn at 9am. He didn’t have any information regarding marriages in Colombia. Next, I’ll ask Jerry and Chris, hopefully one of them will have some information. Glenn (Bianca too) has gastritis so today he just nibbled on an almond croissant. Teresa called and she wants to go to Mayorca today to buy some face cream on sale in Meipiel so I guess we’ll be having lunch there. We left at 11:30 and shared a taxi back to Envigado.

I took a plastic exercise band and jerry rigged it to the door, sat on a chair and did a few simple stomach curls with no discomfort. Now I’m considering returning to the gym soon. 😊

I used Google Translate to translate the email I received Friday from Envios Market:

“As of Monday, March 20, our Locker service in the USA is transformed. The address in Miami remains the same, these are the changes:

1. Customer service will be through the company Innovation Corp and the new telephone number for any request and report is +57 317 515 65 48.

2. You will have access to the web system of the locker so that you can consolidate your purchases, report the value and track your shipment at all times.

3. Your shipments will travel from Miami to Bogotá and they will contact you via WhatsApp to confirm the value of the service.

4. Once the collection has been made, it is dispatched from Bogotá to your address with the transport company TCC or Envía.

5. The accounts authorized for the collection of the value of the Casillero service are:

• Bancolombia: Savings Account #23751658664 In the name of Innovation Corp SAS NIT 900.913.342-7

• Zelle and PayPal: ccardona@innovationcorpus.com

• Bank of America: Checking account #8981 0164 0063 In the name of Innovation Vica Corp Swift BOFAUS3N AVA #026009593

With these changes we want to provide you with better service and optimize delivery time.”

 

I’m not sure I understand how this impacts me, so I’ll be discussing this further with Nobraskja next time I see her.

Teresa and I left at 12:45 and took a Didi to pick up MT and take us to Mayorca. Teresa bought 4 items at Medipiel for 760,600 pesos ($156). We had lunch in Crepes & Waffles for 101,600 pesos ($21). MT, through Teresa, asked me when she’s going to get her Social Security payments again. I told her to be patient as it hasn’t even been a month. They shopped a little more then we quickly caught a taxi to Viva Envigado. While they window shopped I went to Urbania for a latte. One of the waitresses is learning English so we chatted for a few minutes. I saw a woman exit CasaIdeas with an ugly hairless cat. I googled Egyptian cats and it’s called, among other things, a Sphynx cat. The ladies returned a couple hours later and had small lattes while I had another large one. The total bill came to 40,260 pesos ($8.50). We left at 7pm and there was a long line for taxis. The street was wet so we must have had some rain while we were inside. We walked MT over to La Bahia (a block from her apt) and luckily caught a taxi back to our apt.

I understand tomorrow we’re going to visit cousin Mary at her finca in Bello. We’re going to take the metro to the north end of the line, Niqua (sp?), buy Frisby chicken then take a taxi to her finca. Then a few hours later we’ll reverse the process (minus the chicken).

 

Today I got in 4,108 steps.

 

Regarding Adulthood



No comments:

Post a Comment