Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Monday, March 20, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

What I understood was we were going to take the metro to Terminal Norte and take a bus from there to Mary’s finca.

Teresa and I left the apt at 9:50 and took a Didi to the Ayurá metro station where we met Wilson, Marta, and MT. Before we even got to San Antonio station all of us had seats. When we passed Caribe station I wondered what was going on. I googled the metro station for Terminal del Norte and it is Caribe. Oh well, I guess they know what they’re doing.

We got off the metro at the end of the line, the Niquia station. We walked a short distance to a mall called Puerta del Norte. We hung around Exito for a few minutes then moved to a food court where we bought Frisby chicken to go. Outside, Wilson talked to a few taxi drivers and got one to take us to Vereda Portachuelo. I think the problem might have been that only 4 passengers are allowed in a taxi, 1 in front and 3 in back. Here’s how it ended up, left to right, Teresa, MT, Wilson and Martha. 



On the winding road up the side of a mountain I saw a horse in the process of lying down. (Don’t recall the last time I saw that.) The driver pulled off the road under the only shady spot, Teresa handed him her cellphone, he talked to someone then we continued on.

I saw a roadside stand called Empanadas de Olga. I thought Olga was a Russian name and I’ve been surprised when I see it here in Colombia.

At one point the road was narrow and as 2 cars slowly passed each other our driver turned down a side path. I thought it was to get out of the way of the passing cars but a gate opened and we continued down. A couple of large dogs “greeted us” and no one got out of the taxi until the owners came out.

Aunt Mary came out to greet us and calm the dogs down.

She has a very nice looking finca, it’s just so far from everything and with no wifi network that I could detect.








I laid down on a coach on the side of the house and this was my view:



Our taxi arrived at 4:30 to take us back to the metro station but first he stopped at a stand and I had a cup of Mazzamora and some Gelatina (sp?).



I don’t understand Colombian’s fascination with mazzamora, it’s just kernel corn in cold milk. The Gelatina appears to be an early stage of marshmallow, made like I remember seeing salt water taffy being made by hand.

We took the metro back to Ayurá station and took a taxi from there back to the apt.

I made arrangements with Jose to meet for chess tomorrow.

I checked the international airfare and it’s down almost $200 today. 😊

Today I got in 2,566 steps.

 

Regarding Adulthood



 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Terry, that was a very nice finca. Is Teresa's Finca that verdant and lush??

    ReplyDelete