Saturday, March 4, 2023

Friday, March 3, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, woke up briefly and heard Teresa and Laura talking and lots of sneezing, got up once during the night at 3am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

My cold is better this morning, let’s hope that continues for the rest of the day.

Teresa left at 8:45 for the gym then she’s going to get her hair done so I’ll be on my own for lunch.

I left at 9:30 and walked to the mall, running into Chris Cojeleas on his way to the gym. He informed me he has access to Cuban cigars. I recycled a few plastic bottles, picked up a Gente newspaper, printed the government forms, and scanned my 1090s to my USB drive. There were no tables available in Urbania so I had a latte in Santa Leña. I then had a great idea. I texted Teresa that I was going to an afternoon movie.

At 1:30 I bought a preferred seating ticket to Women Talking (7.0) for 17,500 pesos ($4). Upstairs I bought a medium BBQ roast beef sandwich to go and stuffed it in my tech bag. Back in Cine Colombia I bought their smallest popcorn and soda for 14,900 ($3.50) which came with a small chocolate bar.

In the theater I was 5 minutes early so I had just enough time to eat my sandwich before the lights went out. The movie was okay, nothing special. I saw a coming attraction for Armageddon Time (6.5) which arrives in 2 weeks.

 

This is my Facebook thread about opening a Capital One account:

Me: Anyone here open a Capital One account from Colombia?

Jan: I opened one from Mexico. To finish opening the account I had to phone them and verify. Pretty easy.

Me: And what address did you use? MX or US?

Carole: Use a VPN and it shouldn’t be a problem.

Jan: You have to tell them what they want to hear. They want a US mailing address. They will not allow a foreign address. We used a virtual mailbox address from Traveling Mailbox.

Me: I’m more concerned if I can be up front that I live in CO and not the US.

Jan: They will want a US phone number. I have a google voice number and it works with all my banks. Now I did start with a Capital One credit card which I had when I lived in the US. That helped for sure.

Warren: Yeah, you just have to call, they send you a link to submit your ID, and done.

I think I’ll set up a one-month subscription to a VPN, use my ex’s address (which matches my driver’s license), and give them my MagicJack phone number.

My CS Travel Notice for 3/3/23 – 3/16/23 has been accepted.

Well, my every other day experiment for drinking Badia tea to avoid constipation has failed so I’m back to drinking it every day.

Teresa told me Laura messed up her cellphone and today Teresa asked someone at the beauty shop to help her with it and she screwed it up even worse.

Teresa had to borrow my phone to call Esmeralda, order pizza and I had to go to the porteria to wait for it because the porteros couldn’t call her number.

My cold was much less troublesome today, mainly just nasal congestion.

The two government forms, SSA-7161-OCR-SM and SSA-7162-OCR-SM, it isn’t clear what their purpose is. I had to google Proof of Life to discover the difference between the two.

 

Today I got in 5,272 steps.

 

Single-Panel Comics



No comments:

Post a Comment