Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Monday, March 27, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, woke up at 5am, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up just after 5:30.

Just before 9am Teresa left for the gym and then she’s going to get her hair done so I’ll be on my own for lunch. I made arrangements to meet Glenn at 1pm at the new pizza restaurant, Brooklyns (sic) in Poblado.

I left just after 9am and had a latte in Los Porteños while reviewing some chess notes. I left about 11:30 and picked up a couple bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

At 12:30 I ordered a Didi to Hija Mia Nomada and the car arrived about 5 minutes later. At first I thought the driver was lost but he just took a back way. (I’m guessing Waze knew about an accident or construction on the usual route.) Ironically, as he crossed Calle 10 there was a motorcycle accident we had to maneuver around. The driver dropped me off at Hija Mia Nomada and it was a 90 second walk to Brooklyns Pizza. The restaurant is large with a bar and a separate patio area. They offered a large 18” pizza and a personal pizza, neither showing a price. I suggested we share a personal pizza and, depending on how big it is, go from there. Good thing we did because the pizza (half cheese and half pepperoni) was huge (16”-18”).





I had a 500ml bottle of Coke with my 2 slices and Glenn had a bottle of water with his. The pizza was very good, among the best in Medellin. After we finished eating the owner, David, gifted us an order of their Garlic Knots that were also very good, besides filling. The total came to 78,100 pesos ($16.75) including tip and I got 2 slices to go. We shared a taxi back to Envigado.

It started raining about 3:45.

Just before 4pm I heard an explosion and the power went out but it came back on 2 minutes later.

Teresa called me at 5:22, told me she’s in a taxi outside our porteria and “let’s go to the movie”. I quickly changed clothes, grabbed the large pizza box and headed out the door. I handed her the pizza box as I was getting in the backseat. She asked me, can you take the pizza into the theater? I said, “more or less”, because I can take it into the lobby but not inside an individual theater. I purchased 2 preferred seats to Scream 6 for 17,900 ($4) each then a large soda for me to go with the 2 slices of pizza. We still had a few minutes to kill before the movie. I made my last trip to the restroom and we went in and took our seats in the last row. Note to self: buy your center seats in the next to last row because for the last row there aren’t any middle seats because of the projection area.

I didn’t care much for the movie but Teresa likes these horror movies. At one point the main actors think the FBI agent is the killer, which is laughable because the actress is only 5’ tall.

After we left the theater Teresa was hungry and it was about 8:45 and the restaurants would be closing soon so she had a hotdog in the theater. As we got up to leave I realized I’d left my tech bag in the theater so I went back and got it. We returned to the apt by taxi.

 

Today I got in 4,591 steps.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



 

No comments:

Post a Comment