Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, woke up at 5am to birds tweeting right outside our bedroom window, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up just at 5:30.

I left the apt just after 7:30 and met Jose at the mall after I recycled a few papers. We had our usual breakfast at Habia Una Vez. I think this time it cost me 20,500 pesos. I informed him how I was doing with the wedding/vacation plans and showed him my recent games against Troyclough.

We went upstairs and he won the first game with the White pieces in 45 moves and I won the 2nd in 43 moves. During our 1st game 2 young ladies stopped by our booth for a few seconds to observe our game. When Jose was on his way to a restroom break he walked past their booth (next to ours) and informed me they were playing chess. I took a look and they had a small magnetic set they were using. I showed them on my cellphone that I’m also playing a game on Chess.com. One showed me her phone and she’s playing on Chess.com also. After he left (about 1pm) I made an ATM withdrawal then had a medium sandwich combo at Only Roastbeef. I went downstairs and had a latte at Urbania.

I bought a large pack of toilet paper in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

I was updating my checking account spreadsheet and found I was off by a few thousand dollars. After I checked it transaction by transaction against the bank I see my Air Europa purchase isn’t there.

About 3:45 a storm passed through.

I was on a call with USAA for 52 minutes. Pee, my first rep, says the Air Europa charge (for some reason) is still pending and should show up by the 8th day. She handed me off to a more experienced (senior?) rep named Jasmin and she said the transaction should show up online after tonight’s batch run so I won’t panic until tomorrow.

 

Today I got in 3,966 steps.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



 

1 comment:

  1. Terry, I am a native Texan. Can you explain today's picture to me? Please.
    Jack Wi;lliams

    ReplyDelete