Sunday, March 5, 2023

Saturday, March 4, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 2am, finally waking at 5am and getting up at 7am.

Teresa says we had a little rain overnight and I see a few wet spots on the sidewalk across the street.

She’s going to Viva Envigado to buy a new sim card for her cellphone and if all goes well she’ll get her old number moved to it. If I don’t hear from here then we’ll meet for lunch at 1:30 at La Bahia.

At 8:45 I took a Didi to Daniel’s barber shop where I got my annual (just kidding, monthly) haircut for 45mil and I tipped him 5mil. I took another Didi to Todo Drogas where I bought my medicine, vitamins and supplements for the month for 389,100 pesos ($80). I walked 3 blocks to a tienda naturista where I bought a bottle of 90 Omega3 capsules for 26mil. I walked to Viva Envigado where I made an ATM withdrawal using my Charles Schwab debit card.

Downstairs I had coffee in Urbania, lots of seats available this morning.

I left at 1:15 and walked across the street from the mall. Here’s the latest photo of the Ikea construction.



Difficult to tell if the surface under the tarp is concrete blocks or some type of tile, probably the former.

I arrived in La Bahia by 1:25 and the ladies didn’t show up until 1:50pm. We all had their lunch of the day. This would have been a good time to get MT’s signature but I hadn’t brought the government papers with me. I did ask her if she sometimes gets mail from the US government. Answer: yes. What do you do with it? Answer: She gives it to me or throws it away. When was the last time you received mail from the US government? Answer: I don’t remember. Years, right? Answer: Yes. I asked her if she has been receiving her Social Security payments? Answer: Yes. What day do you receive them? Answer: The 4th day of the month. Today is the 4th, did you receive them today? Ans: No.

I returned to the mall and went up to Santa Leña for coffee. I took a table in the back and it was 20 minutes before a waiter found me. I had a latte with a slice of carrot cake.

When I left I went into Exito to buy a few things. In one aisle a woman asked me to help her. There was one last roll of (very cheap) toilet paper on the upper shelf and she couldn’t reach it. I couldn’t reach it either until I took a bottle to extend my reach and even then I had to jump. I ended up scrapping the inner part of my arm a bit. Shoot, they were out of Heinz BBQ sauce so I just bought half a dozen gala apples and a bag of milk and returned to the apt (after a 15-minute wait in line) by taxi.

Teresa called me about 5pm and asked if I could pick up her and MT at her apt and we’ll go to the Ultima Estacion for supper. We agreed on 7:30. We arrived at the restaurant and there was  line to get in and another line for take out orders. We ordered shish kebab to go and took them back to MT’s apt a few blocks away. After we finished eating I had MT sign the SSA-7161 form.  By the time we left it was raining lightly and we returned to our apt by Didi.

 

Today I got in 7,186 steps.

 

Single-Panel Comics



No comments:

Post a Comment