Saturday, May 13, 2023

Friday, May 12, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:34, got up twice during the night, Teresa had moved to the guest bedroom, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I lost a game I thought I was winning to Troyclough lowering my rating to 1592.

On Facebook there was some talk about an earthquake here but I must have slept through it.

I left the apt about 9am and walked to the mall, recycled a glass jar and went up to the 4th floor to the gym. As I walked onto the floor I noticed it was 9:15. I completed all my exercises with only one problem. The first curl I did for the seated leg curl machine I had pain on the top of my right knee cap but then it went away, possibly because unconsciously I was now using my left leg more. When I walked off the floor I noticed it was 9:45 so my routine only took 30 minutes.

After my shower, which included changing the bandage and applying more cream to my leg wound, I noticed it was 10:08 as I left.

I went down to the 2nd floor to the Davivienda ATMs but none of them worked.

I went to Exito where I picked up a Gente newspaper and waited behind a man to use their Davivienda ATM. He looked at me as he left and I asked, “funciana?” and he replied, “yes”. 😊 I made my withdrawal, paid the utility bill and went up to the 2nd floor. I paid for our cellphones in Claro and asked a young man why Claro keeps sending me texts saying I haven’t paid my Claro Hogar bill when I don’t even have their home service. He said not to worry but I understood there’s nothing he can do to stop the ads.

I had a latte in Urbania for 90 minutes or so.

I stopped in Exito where I bought a large package of napkins and a large carton of eggs (I know we’ll be out of them again soon) and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa returned about 12:45 having gotten her nails and eyelashes done.

Today is an unusual but great day as my eyes don’t feel tired at all.

Teresa has an appointment at 5pm to have her eyebrows done.

I left at 2pm and had a Coke in Los Porteños while I finished the last of the peanuts Glenn gifted me. (I have the new bag of peanuts carefully double wrapped which I hope will keep them fresh until the start of the NFL season.) I returned to the apt by 4pm.

We left at 4:30 and took a Didi to Bliss Pelequeria in Plaza San Lucas. (We were here 4-5 years ago to have deep dish pizza at a restaurant called Chicago’s.) I sat on a chair outside their front door for at least 90 minutes while Teresa got her eyebrows dyed or whatever they do.

We walked around the plaza and settled on an Italian restaurant named Socarrat for dinner. Teresa ordered a torta de papas con queso (potato and cheese cake) for an appetizer and we shared a bottle of water. She then had salmon and I a Cesar salad. The total check with tip came to 145,970 pesos or $32.

We had no trouble catching a Didi back to the apt.

 

Why My Kid is Crying



No comments:

Post a Comment