Sunday, May 14, 2023

Saturday, May 13, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 4am, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up took an allergy pill, worked on the computer a bit, went back to bed at 5am, got up to go to the bathroom at 7am, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 9am.

Teresa left just before 10am for El Tesoro and another leg vein injection treatment. Talk about strange names, her driver’s name is Deybis.

I didn’t mention it yesterday but last night Teresa had a prescription for some medication. When we stopped in the local Pasteur they only had a large size so she declined. That leaves me to find a pharmacy today with the smaller size.

I left the apt at 10am and walked to Pasteur on Ave Poblado. Luckily, they had the smaller size and I also bought a box of Colombian band-aids for a total of 25mil.

Since I was just around the corner, I had a café con leche in Parva.

Around 1:15 I moved to a new garage-size burger restaurant around the corner from Asados Rolegio named Tierra Querida (Dear Earth?). I ordered their single-patty burger with pickles, lettuce, tomato, and cheddar cheese with an order of fries and a bottle of Pepsi. Like most places here the burger comes in a protective ‘sleeve’ of aluminum and paper to protect you from drips. The burger was very juicy; the only downside was they didn’t have ketchup for my fries. On the back of the waiters’ t-shirts was the name of the restaurant and the words, “Dejate tentar!” (Let yourself be tempted!). The total bill came to 22mil and I tipped the waiter 3mil.





I moved to Los Porteños where I had a large latte. Teresa texted me and told me she found a dress for the wedding in El Tesoro and she wanted me to come and give her my opinion and maybe pay for it.

I returned to the apt, dropped off the pharmacy purchases, picked up my debit card and ordered a Didi. I arrived at the El Tesoro mall by 3pm.

I found Teresa outside Percimon. (I noticed a couple policemen wearing the new uniform of blue with green trim.)

She showed me a dress in Zara which I didn’t care for then one in another store for 899,000 pesos but Teresa decided it was too transparent.

Finally in Desigual




(strange name for a store) we found one which we liked and bought for 519,920 pesos ($113). It may not be suitable for the wedding but it will be suitable for a night out on the town.



After, Teresa told me the salesman told her she had a nice figure. We both agreed he was probably gay.

We shared a carrot cake with lattes in Valentina for 40,098 pesos. A lady at the next table seemed to be holding one of her breasts up. A minute later I saw her holding an oval piece of plastic. I think she was pumping breast milk. I don’t remember seeing that before.

Teresa wanted to buy a gift for Catalina for her birthday coming up this week. We finally found a colored necklace in Llena de Gracia and Teresa also bought a purse that she can decorate herself for a total of 379,000 ($83).

We easily caught a taxi back to the apt.

I added my Citibank card to Teresa’s Didi app so in the future she won’t have to borrow small bills from me for a Didi ride. I still have $1,000 in that account so that should last us a few years.

 

Why My Kid is Crying



No comments:

Post a Comment