Friday, May 12, 2023

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 3:30am, Teresa was breathing noisily so I moved to the guest bedroom, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

I have an abrasion on my leg that Teresa is concerned about. Glenn gave me the contact information for his dermatologist:

Dr. Milton Mejia Montoya

Salud y Servicios Ciudad del Rio

Calle 19A #44-25

Consultario 2107

(300) 270-0239

Teresa called and got me an appointment for 3:30 today.

I left the apt at 9am and walked to Mundo Huevo (Egg World) looking for a large jar of strawberry preserves. No luck. I stopped in Parva and had a café con leche for a couple hours.

Teresa texted me and asked me to pick up broccoli in Ara on my way back to the apt. I stopped in Eduardo Madrid and bought 3 sesame seed bagels for 8,400 pesos ($1.80). I stopped in Ara and had a worker go through a number of recently arrived containers but no broccoli.

I see the Chicago Bears open their season on September 10th at home against the Green Bay Packers. Perfect, but I should be on the Mediterranean Sea that day. The rest of the NFL schedule will be released tonight.

Opening today in Cine Colombia, Viva Envigado:

·     Cuando Ellas Quieren Mas aka Book Club: The Next Chapter (6.0).

·     No Descansarás aka Bed Rest aka You will not rest (5.1).

·     La Conspiracion del Diablo aka The Devil’s Conspiracy (4.4).

·     Maremoto aka Seaquake or The Burning Sea - in Norwegian.

·     Bailando en Silencio aka Dancing in Silence in Spanish.

·     Empieza el Baile aka The Dance Begins in Spanish.

·     Los Tres Mosqueteros: D’Artagnan in French.

Doesn’t look like anything worth seeing.

I left the apt about 2pm and arrived at Dr. Milton Mejia Montoya’s office an hour early. A lady was ahead of me and I believe I was taken into his office on time. He spoke very good English with no accent. He mentioned one time he had difficulties being understood when he was in New Orleans. 😊 He had me remove all my clothes except my underwear and examined my whole body with a magnifying glass. The only concerning area was the spot I came in for that concerned Teresa. He took a biopsy of it and said the results would be ready in about a week. He gave me a prescription for some cream to put on my wound twice a day. I paid 490 mil for the biopsy and test results. I didn’t have enough cash with me to pay for the doctor’s visit so next time. My next appointment is May 25th at 1:30.

Downstairs I bought the cream for 50mil at a next-door Pasteur pharmacy. I quickly caught a taxi back to the apt in heavy traffic. At Teresa’s request I stopped in Ara and bought a container of dishwashing soap before returning to the apt.

I understood Teresa had an afternoon massage.

The Chicago Bears schedule has been released.

 

Why My Kid is Crying



1 comment:

  1. Hols, Terry. Your posts of the reason the child is crying are wonderful. I am 72 and don't have children. These confirm my decision not to have any. Thanks, for helping me re-affirm my decision was the correct one for me. Today I am reading your blog in the afternoon. So today it is with my afternoon cup of tea instead of my morning coffee. Thanks for sharing your day with me virtually.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete