Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Sunday, May 28, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once at dawn, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I showered, dressed and left the apt at 8am.

I stopped at the 7-11 and bought a Sunday Chicago Sun-Times for $3. Yikes!

I walked back to the apt building and continued 3 more blocks to Griddle24 where I practiced a little of my Spanish with a Mexican waitress. Today I had eggs over easy, hashbrowns, wheat toast, sausage links, and of course coffee. I broke a $100 bill to pay my bills so I would have some smaller bills and returned to the apt.

I read a Richard Roeper movie review for You Hurt my Feelings (3 ½ *) which sounds interesting.

Thinking about lunch I checked and Mr. Beef is closed on Sundays so I’ll be looking for a plan B.

I received the check-in email from American Airlines, noted the terminals, gates, and seat numbers but at the end it couldn’t check me in so I’ll have to go the AA agent in O’Hare.

“Please check in with an agent at the airport. We’re unable to check you in online.”

 

I don’t know if I have a cold but I do have some nasal congestion and occasional runny nose.

I left the apt about 1pm and walked 5 blocks to Egg Harbor where I had oatmeal and a coffee for $16.50 and gave the waiter $20 and told him to keep the change.



I saw these cars parked outside a carwash and my walk back to Jeannie's apt.



I think the first is a Lamborghini and the second is a Corvette.

I checkmated Michael Sito (Mr_Blamo) in 29 moves which earned me just 1 rating point.

While waiting on Jimmy to finish watching a Cubs game I’m working on today’s crossword puzzle.

I left Jeannie’s condo in River North at 4:30 and drove 21 minutes north to Jimmy’s condo in Lake View.

Jimmy helped me get my things up to his condo then he left to meet with friends. His plan is to leave here about 8am tomorrow, drive to Jim’s where we drop off his car, then drive to the airport where he’ll drop me off for my 11:07 flight. I’m just a little afraid the timing is a little tight.

I spent most of my time working on the Sunday crossword puzzle but at the end of the day I still had a lot remaining. (I came 2-3 letters short of solving Friday and Saturday’s puzzle.)

I texted Jose I wouldn’t be available for chess tomorrow.

I lazed on Jimmy’s coach a couple hours with 60 Minutes then Mangum P.I. on TV then went to bed at 10pm.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



 

No comments:

Post a Comment