Friday, May 26, 2023

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

My package arrived in Wheeling at 5:33am this morning. So far, so good.

I left my room about 7am and walked to a nearby Dunkin Donuts on Algonquin Rd just off Wilke Rd. That was a cold walk but saw this wildlife on the way:

AA GEESE PHOTOS


This Dunkin’ had 2 tables and 2 counters with lots of space for more which I guess isn’t needed as most of their business is probably takeout or drive through. I chatted with a man behind me for a minute when I heard him listening to something in Spanish. He’s from Mexico but the broadcaster he was watching is Colombiana.

I walked back to the hotel and took this video on the way:

AA GEESE VIDEO

I was just reading about renewing my driver’s license in person and I will need to pass a vision exam and a driving exam.

Hey, it’s 10:52 and I just got an email that my driver’s license was delivered at 10:41am. 😊

Just killing time until Jack and Arlene pick me up at noon.

The envelope with my Capital One 360 debit card and Teresa’s order arrived in Bogota and I paid the $18.63 charge.

Jack & Arlene picked me up at noon and took me to Jameson’s Steakhouse. I had the French onion soup and their ribs. I talked so much I didn’t get very far with the food and they took the rest to go. They gave me a gift bag that contained 2 bags of White Sox salted-in-the-shell peanuts and 2 different jars of Strawberry Preserves. 😊  They dropped me off at the hotel about 3pm, a little later than I planned.

I exchanged some things and soon left for Walgreen’s on Miner Street in Des Plaines. At the desk they looked for a FedEx envelope or box for me but found nothing. They suggested I try the Walgreens on Oakton and River. In the meantime I found FedEx had sent me the following delivery photo




That location couldn’t find my envelope or package either. While I was there I had them print the letter for Laura but they printed it on photo paper which was useless because I wouldn’t be able to sign itso that was at least 30 minutes wasted.

I finally located where the last stop was and it was FedEx in Wheeling. I googled it and headed to that address.

Interesting, I passed a Mexican pub named El Paisa Alegre #2 at 1 S. Wolf Rd in Prospect Heights.

When I got there I found one car in the parking lot and this locked door:



Well, that didn’t work. I headed back to the hotel. I stopped at Staples a block away and had Laura’s letter printed along with my AT&T screenshots. When I was checking out for some reason the cashier just wabved off my $1.69 purchase. I asked him if he could recommend a restaurant in the court and he said, “Tacos Jerez” next door. There I ordered this huge burrito:

AA BURRITO

I was only able to eat half of it.

Back at the hotel I stopped in the laundry room and tried to buy a Coke for $2.50. I put in a $5 bill and pushed the associated number and it said, “$52.50 in shopping cart” so I cancelled it and it returned my $5 all in quarters. I tried again with the same result. I stopped at the front desk and showed someone what happened and he had no clue what was going on. I took my quarters and returned to my room.

I found an email from Irina that “‼️FedEx package arrived today on your name. I guess they redirected it and it’s your driver’s license

Also, AT&T bill arrived on both of our names via regular mail.”

I told her I wanted to stop by right away. I drove there and picked up the package outside the door and the AT&T envelope she left in the mailbox. On my way back to the hotel I stopped on a side street and opened the box and found an envelope. I opened and found the Capital One 360 card and info but no driver’s license. I drove back to Irina’s place and rang the bell but no answer and the place was dark.

The FedEx box was taped shut and had obviously been cut open. The label contained:

 

FROM: Victor Cardona, 7864 NW 62 st, Miami FL 33166

US

Original address:

Terry Lee Andresen

Terry Lee Andresen

378 Miner St, Des Plaines, IL US

DES PLAINES, IL 60016

8475165770

Corrected address:

Terry Andresen

607 Country Lane

Unit 607

Des Plaines, IL 60016

8476994404

 

Inside was the envelope. For the return address was a sticker with

Irina Andresen

607 Country Ln

Des Plaines, IL 60016-1240

Hand written addressed to:

Terry Andresen

Envios Market

7864 NW 62nd St 33166

ENV 102-886

Miami, FL 33166

 

It was sent Certified Mail from Glenview, IL for $4.78.

I have no idea what’ going on but I’m going to accept Irina’s invite for coffee tomorrow at 5:30 to try to find out.

One clue: now that I look at it, the photo looks like the front of Irina’s screen door.

Another clue is this Voice Mail screenshot from my brother:




I was just rereading this post which reminded me that there were 2 envelopes from my brother, one with my Capital One 360 info and the other with my driver’s license. I think what happened is the Capital One got sent here and the driver’s license got sent on to Envigado.

I just texted Teresa and the package arrived but no envelope.

That means they 2 envelopes somehow got separated? Were they mailed separately?

 

Why My Kid is Crying


 

1 comment:

  1. The worst FedEx story I have heard!!! What a total F@@@Up. Your mail service seems very disorganized--or am I being over-critical???You must be very exasperated, I know just reading about this bewildered me.
    Jack W

    ReplyDelete