Saturday, May 20, 2023

Friday, May 19, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up twice during the night, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

Breaking News: My 1st wife, the mother of my son and daughter, passed away 5:39 this morning.

One complication for my going to the wake and or funeral, my Illinois driver’s license is on the way from Florida to Bogota. I just looked up how to get a replacement and I have to visit a Secretary of State office, provide proof of my signature, birth date, SSN, and residency, and pay the $5 duplicate license fee. Since my current license expires soon, I’m hoping I can just get a new one.

Envios Market isn’t scheduled to open until 9am but they were open when I arrived at 8:40am. I explained my problem to Nobraskja and we discussed my options. To make a long story short they caught my Driver’s License in Florida and I’m having it Fed-Ex’d to their office in a Walgreens in downtown Des Plaines. It sounds like it will cost me $60 or so but it’ll be worth it. Nobraskja told me Gisela says it won’t arrive until next Wednesday but that’s hard to believe because when I Fed-Ex something from here it arrives in Chicago in 2 business days. Plan B is I could go to the Secretary of State’s office in downtown Chicago and get a replacement license for $10.

My son offered his place for me to stay which is I appreciate. He also informed me his mother is going to be cremated. (I think her brother Bobby may have gotten the last cemetery plot the family owned.)

I’m probably going to take a COPA red eye and arrive about 10am Chicago time.

First, I have to stay here in the apt until I pay for the Fed-Ex and know it’s on its way.

Okay. I just made payment. I’ll track it and try to time my flight so it will be there the day I arrive, more or less.

I’m also waiting on the wake and funeral arrangements so I can include that in my timing.

I just got the tracking number for my driver’s license going from Miami to Des Plaines. I’ve tried the number several times but it hasn’t shown up yet. Maybe it has to reach the US first.

I finally left at 3pm and completed my workout in Smartfit on Ave Poblado. There were probably half the number of people that I normally see in the morning. I may have forgotten to mention that last Monday morning I saw the same RV in its usual parking space but when I returned an hour later it was gone. I haven’t seen it all this week.

I called COPA Airlines but after a long list of options, most for some type of preferred membership, the last 2 choices were not applicable. I wanted to see if they have either a bereavement discount, a senior discount, or my $257.75 credit or some combination.

I’m trying to book a flight but don’t want to spend an 8-hour layover in Miami, for example.

My Charles Schwab Travel Notice request for Wednesday, May 31st to Tuesday, June 13th has been approved.

We left the apt at 7:30 and went for patacones. Gloria’s across the street was busy and when we walked down the hill Office Burger had a crowd outside at 8:30pm.



When the driver took s thourgh La Buena Mesa there was a long line for burgers outside Animal Cocina and Tierra Querida.

 

Why My Kid is Crying



1 comment:

  1. Blessing to your extended family for the loss and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete