Monday, May 22, 2023

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, I got up once at 3am, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 3:45, worked on the computer a little before returning to bed at 4:30, finally waking at 6:45 and getting up at 7:30am.

The ice maker stopped working and me about to leave the country.

Teresa asked me if I want to go to Santafe de Antoquia today with her relatives. LOL. I told her when I return from breakfast I’ll be working on packing for my trip.

I arrived at Pergamino café just before 9am and they were already open. Glenn with Bianca arrived a few minutes later. He told me he had his proctoscopy and endoscopy yesterday for 800,000 pesos (all inclusive) and his next doctor’s appointment is in about 3 weeks. He suggested while I’m on a layover in Miami that I have an American sim card, with a plan, inserted in my phone. A couple of girls sitting in the next table chimed in with some suggestions. After some googling and texting my son, he’s going to pick me up at O’Hare and take me to Rosemont for a sim card at either AT&T or T-Mobile.

We shared a taxi back to Envigado. After we dropped off Glenn and Bianca at Jumbo, my taxi driver told me he was held up at 8am this morning in Bello. They took his cash, his wristwatch and his cellphone.

I received a pre-boarding email from American Airlines and completed the online Check-Mig form. They sent me a receipt by email.

1:20pm there was a huge lightning strike nearby. Good thing all these buildings have lightning rods.

I got out the refrigerator manual and even though it’s in Spanish I figured out that if you hold the water dispenser button for more than 3 seconds it blocks all the water & ice dispensers. Got that fixed!

I still can’t find my package using Fed-Ex tracking.

Teresa texted me about 8pm and she’s still in Santafe de Antioquia.

Why My Kid is Crying



No comments:

Post a Comment