Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Monday, February 19, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, quickly fell asleep, got up once during the night, waking/getting up at 6:15.

I completed my workout from 8:15 to 9:15. I was tempted to skip the treadmill today but then I thought, “yes, I did walk from the apt to Sao Paolo but then I sat in the restaurant, sat in a Didi to the hotel, sat in the car to the airport, yes, we did stand for coffee at Juan Valdez, sat in the bus back to San Diego mall and sat in a Didi back to the apt”. So yes, I did the treadmill and my lower legs are feeling it.

I received an email from Amazon notifying me that my Kindle Unlimited free access has ended.

Troyclough blundered his queen and resigned increasing my rating 5 points to 1593.

I left the apt at 3:30 and took a Didi to the mall. Surprisingly, my driver spoke perfect English. He told me he learned English on his own in 2000 by studying it every day for 3 months because he wanted to know the lyrics to his favorite American ‘80s songs. 😊

I recycled several plastic bottles then bought a preferred ticket to The Zone of Interest for 15,300 pesos. The ticket girl assured me it was spoken in English with Spanish subtitles, but it turned out it was spoken in German with Spanish subtitles but I still managed to figure a lot of it out. (Can I have 2 “but”s in the same sentence?)

I got a free small popcorn (crispeta platino) and a large soda and entered the theater. There were only 2 others with me in the upper level but I couldn’t see the lower level but (there I go again) I don’t there were many if anyone there.

The movie was barely interesting. I made an ATM withdrawal and picked up a couple bags of milk in Exito. The “rapid” line was painfully slow as there were only 2 cashiers and I think there was a system problem. Once outside I quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

 

CREEPY THINGS



No comments:

Post a Comment