Monday, February 5, 2024

Sunday, February 4, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, again just before 6am (Teresa was in the bathroom brushing her teeth), as soon as my head hit the pillow I heard a semi pull up, sounds of metal on metal, people talking but that only lasted 5 minutes, I finally got up at 6:30.

Teresa received a call from Esmerlda that she’s not going to San Peregrino so Teresa’s going alone.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to Sao Paolo. I ordered a latte with an almond croissant and Glenn arrived a few minutes later. Glenn’s hobby is playing pinochle online. The maximum rating is 100 and he’s hit it 10 times then starts over with a new account. Later I had calentao with another latte.

I erred in my game against 1300-rated Mekael965 and he checkmated me on the 42nd move reducing my rating to 1592.

Just before 12:30, on Chess.com, I stumbled on WFM Alessia Santeramo giving a beginner’s chess lesson to an Italian girl named Julia. Very interesting. It looks like they will continue it after 6pm tomorrow (Italian time?) on https://www.twitch.TV/AlessiaSanteramo. I’ll try to see if I can catch that.

Weather prediction for this afternoon:



Spoiler Alert: we didn't have any rain the rest of th day.

For lunch I had a meatball sandwich at Na Pizza. Even though it’s my second time there I want to mention that the place is much lighter and I appreciated the music and getting catsup in a small dish instead of plastic packets.

I went next door and had a cafĂ© con leche at one of Parva’s outside tables. I bought a palito de pollo for Teresa in case she come home hungry. When I left at 5:30 Antonio’s had a long line and lots of people were hanging out in the park.

I watched a couple more episodes of Designated Survivor.

Teresa returned at 7pm and we shared the pastel de pollo.

 

CREEPY THINGS



No comments:

Post a Comment