Monday, February 26, 2024

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Last night I went to bed at midnight, fell asleep quickly, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

I sent an email to Capital One asking them to unblock my debit card.

Teresa’s original plan was to go to the beach early. Perhaps because I’m a little burned (my fault again for not putting on SPF cream) she decided we would stay in the apt.

New plan: I googled but found there is no Zara in Cartagena but I did find an H&M at Calle 32 #13. Teresa suggested we walk there but 52 minutes either way is a bit much for me in this sun and heat. It’s only 14 minutes by car so I suggested we take a taxi there, explore the area a bit, she does her shopping in H&M and maybe we even have lunch there before returning to the apt by taxi.

I tricked ONEIPAMETATO1453 in the endgame, earned a win by queening my last pawn, increasing my rating 6 points to 1594.

I emailed Capital One asking them to unblock my debit card. I think it was an automated response that showed me the amount of our purchase from Friday night in San Martin. I confirmed it was a valid transaction and to please unlock my card. They responded there was something wrong with the transaction and they asked me to call them. I responded I’m on vacation in Colombia so I can’t call but could they unblock my card. Now waiting on a reply.

Finally, my reply, but it was from the “post office” that my reply was undeliverable.

Teresa and I left the apt about 10:30 and took a taxi to H&M in a mall. She picked out a dress that I paid 129,900 pesos for in cash. We took a taxi to a restaurant named La Casa de Socorro




where she had a different type of fish, I had a steak with coconut rice, a couple salty patacones which were delicious, a small salad and we shared a Coke.

I paid the check of about 130mil in cash. It appears tipping here is even more optional than Medellin. I’m now down to my last 30,000 pesos of cash.

We went for a little walk, tried to meet up with Laura but eventually learned they were too far away and we returned to the apt by taxi.

It’s pretty obvious now I’m not going to solve my Capital One debit card problem until I call them.

We had a 45-minute nap.

They returned and Peter gave me another 500,000 pesos.

One thing I’ve learned: for future trips I’m bringing my 2nd debit card, my Magic Jack, and my headphones. And we’ll each bring a separate suitcase.

Laura and Peter left for someplace downtown and Teresa and I walked 2 blocks to Crepes & Waffles where, after a 15-minute wait, we got seated outside in a nice patio area and 2 entrees, 2 juices, and a shared ice cream for 100,000 pesos.






We were back at the apt by 9:30 and in bed by 10:15.

 

DOG MEMES



 

No comments:

Post a Comment