Saturday, February 17, 2024

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, quickly fell asleep, waking/getting up at 6:45.

I drew against Troyclough lowering my rating to 1595.

When I told Teresa we were going to Plaza Botero she read me the riot act again about how it’s a den of thieves.

I left the apt at 10:30 and walked to Ayurá station where I added 50mil to my Civica card then took the metro to Parque Berrio. I found a shaded umbrella table outside the café (El Labaratorio?) and ordered a latte. This is the view of Plaza Botero from the cafe:



Again Jim was late, this time because he forgot to bring his Civica card for the metro. When he finally arrived we had coffee there then walked 3 blocks to see if the Colombian restaurant Mojitos is still on the other side of Versailles bakery.





It was and I had a typical Colombian lunch of beans, rice, chicken, salad, a strip of plantain and a bottle of water for 24mil, not including tip.



We walked to Hotel Nutibarra where we found a new café called La Dolce Vita on the 3rd floor.



Their patio overlooks Parque Berrio and there wasn't much shade so we didn't hang around longs. We left about 3:15, walked across the street to Parque Barrio where we caught the metro going south. Jim got off at Poblado station and I continued on to Ayurá station. I took a taxi back to the apt for 7,800 pesos.

I watched news coverage of the shooting at the KC Chiefs victory parade.

Another draw against ONEIPAMETATO1547 lowering my record to 1590. When is this descent going to end?

He quickly blundered a piece in our next game. 😊

 

CREEPY THINGS



No comments:

Post a Comment