Saturday, February 17, 2024

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, quickly fell asleep, waking/getting up at 6:45.

I drew against Troyclough lowering my rating to 1595.

When I told Teresa we were going to Plaza Botero she read me the riot act again about how it’s a den of thieves.

I left the apt at 10:30 and walked to Ayurá station where I added 50mil to my Civica card then took the metro to Parque Berrio. I found a shaded umbrella table outside the café (El Labaratorio?) and ordered a latte. This is the view of Plaza Botero from the cafe:



Again Jim was late, this time because he forgot to bring his Civica card for the metro. When he finally arrived we had coffee there then walked 3 blocks to see if the Colombian restaurant Mojitos is still on the other side of Versailles bakery.





It was and I had a typical Colombian lunch of beans, rice, chicken, salad, a strip of plantain and a bottle of water for 24mil, not including tip.



We walked to Hotel Nutibarra where we found a new café called La Dolce Vita on the 3rd floor.



Their patio overlooks Parque Berrio and there wasn't much shade so we didn't hang around longs. We left about 3:15, walked across the street to Parque Barrio where we caught the metro going south. Jim got off at Poblado station and I continued on to Ayurá station. I took a taxi back to the apt for 7,800 pesos.

I watched news coverage of the shooting at the KC Chiefs victory parade. ☹

Another draw against ONEIPAMETATO1547 lowering my record to 1590. When is this descent going to end?

He quickly blundered a piece in our next game. 😊

 

CREEPY THINGS



No comments:

Post a Comment