Sunday, February 25, 2024

Saturday, February 24, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3:30, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 4am, read a bit and returned to bed at 4:30 finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

I blundered and lost a game to ChessRookie245 lowering my rating 10 points to 1583.

We left about 8:30 and stopped next door where there is a Mini Market and Teresa asked how much for a Club Colombia and was told 4mil. We took a walk along the beach walking as far as the Hyatt Regency, about 20 minutes away.

We returned to San Martin and had their buffet breakfast for 55mil apiece. Laura and Peter joined us as we were finishing and they only had 10 minutes before the buffet closed at 10am.

We returned to the apt and picked up some things and walked 20 minutes to an area where we paid 40mil for a tent with 4 chairs. I stayed in the shade as did Teresa and only Peter took a dip in the sea while Laura got some sun.



We left about 3:30 and returned to San Martin where I had a Cesar salad and the others had fish. This is a quick photo of Laura and Peter:



We shared 3 different desserts. Again, my card was declined so I gave Peter 200mil and he put the bill on his credit card.

Back at the apt I logged into my Capital One account and used their automated help system to “unlock” my card.

I noticed I got a little burned on my front on the long walk from the beach to the restaurant.

Per Google Maps it appears there is a Davivienda ATM two blocks away.

Troyclough blundered a rook and resigned increasing my rating to 1588.

We walked 3 blocks to a Davivienda ATM but my card still didn’t work. Laura had me try again and this time ACCEPT their “conversion” but it still didn’t work. We walked a block further to Bancolombia where Laura made a withdrawal but my card didn’t work there either so Laura loaned me 500,000 pesos.

We caught a taxi to downtown Cartagena where we walked around for a while. We finally settled on a nice restaurant with live music called San Mateo where Teresa and I shared a chicken and vegetable rice dish. We all got limonada de coco’s even though Teresa has been warning me not to drink the water. After supper we walked around downtown a little more before returning to the apt by taxi by 11:15.

 

DOG MEMES



No comments:

Post a Comment