Thursday, February 29, 2024

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa asked me if I felt the strong tremor at 3am. Nope.

I left the apt at 9:30 and took a Didi to the mall. I recycled a 9V battery, withdrew 2,000,000 pesos with my Capital One card 😊 and took a seat in Urbania, waiting for Teresa’s call. She finally called me at 12:40. I went outside and caught the next taxi and we went to MT’s apt and picked her up then on to our apt where we picked up Teresa and he took us to Ayurá metro station. We got out a block early because traffic was so backed up. I added 100mil to my Civica card and we took the metro to Acevedo station. We waited about 15 minutes for Laura and Peter to catch up. We took the metro cable to Parque Arvi. There weren’t many vendors today because it was a weekday. I bought a bag of fresh potato chips for 4mil.

Of course, Laura went off on her own but Teresa, MT, and I went to the road where after a 15-minute wait we took the bus to Hotel Piedras Blancas. I gave the bus driver the last of my potato chips. He reminded us the last bus back would be at 4:40pm. We had a nice lunch on their second patio since the main patio was still under construction.



I put on insect spray which seemed to help as this time I didn’t get bit. Teresa had trout, MT had mushroom soup and I had a hamburger with fries and a Coke. 




The burger was a little dry but the fried onions helped. The total came to 85,800 which I paid for in cash.

We left at 12:30 and it was only a couple minutes wait for the bus.

We found Laura and Peter near the station. We sat in the sun for a few minutes to warm up then returned to Medellin by metro cable.

They got off at Poblado station and we got off at Envigado station. We walked to the mall where Teresa stopped in H&M to ask someone a question. We walked MT to the mall entrance and said goodbye. We went up to Crepes & Waffles and got in line. It was probably 20 minutes before we got seated and we ordered the same copa suprema as Cartagena. 




We also shared a bottle of water. We stopped in Exito where we bought bread, lasagna pans, and a large carton of eggs before returning to the apt by taxi.

 

DOG MEMES



No comments:

Post a Comment