Saturday, March 2, 2024

Thursday, February 29, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

I left the apt at 8:25, walked to Ave Poblado and took the next Sabaneta bus to Poblado. I got off a couple blocks the other side of Calle 10, walked across the street, past Sere and down the hill 2 blocks to Hija Mia Nomada. I arrived at 9am and Peter was waiting for me. We had breakfast with lattes, I French toast and he what looked like avocado toast. We left about 10:15 and walked over to Calle 10 and down the hill to Poblado station. I added 50mil to my Civica card and we took the metro to Parque Berrio. We walked through Plaza Botero and had lattes outside café La Labratorio.



Inside the museum, I paid 12mil for my “resident” ticket and Peter 20mil for his tourist ticket and we took the elevator up to the 3rd floor. 




We spent a couple hours moving down from floor to floor finally finishing on the 1st floor. We walked 3-4 blocks to Mojitos at Carrera 49 #53-39 where we had a typical Colombian lunch.



On the same block as we left, I noticed Los Peones Club de Ajedrez. We went upstairs and checked it out and saw about a dozen old men playing chess.





I learned the establishment charges 2mil per hour and they also have a café where you can order drinks. Cool! Not a very convenient location for me but still cool.

We returned to Parque Berrio where we took the metro to Ayurá station. We took a taxi to Calle La Buena Mesa where I gave Peter a quick tour. We ended up at Los Portenos for coffee and glasses of ice water. About 3:30 I ordered a Didi ride for Peter back to Los Patios. I made sure he got his ride and I walked back to the apt.

I checked my Didi app and they seem to think there was some type of payment problem although I see the payment went through with my bank.

We left at 7:50 and took an InDrive to Mamba Negra for 15mil. It’s on the 22nd floor of a tall building overlooking El Tesoro mall. It was noisy with music neither Teresa or I cared for.





Teresa ordered the salmon and I the rib eye and we shared a bottle of water. she loved her salmon but my steak was still a little bloody so I sent it back one time and then it was delicious and I ate the whole thing. The noise wasn’t conducive to conversation but at one point Peter blurted out, “I hope Trump wins in November so our business improves.” Well, he had to spoil things and bring up politics. I’m sure my facial reaction must have said volumes. We left at 10pm and I paid InDrive 20mil cash for a ride back to our apt.

I read a bit finally getting to bed at 11:30.

 

DOG MEMES



 

No comments:

Post a Comment