Sunday, March 24, 2024

Saturday, March 23, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, took a while (30 minutes?) to fall asleep, got up once about 1am and retrieved my recharged cellphone, again at 5am awakened by the backup beep of a truck, couldn’t fall back asleep so got up 30 minutes later, went back to bed at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating 5 points to 1576.

I asked for pancakes for breakfast but Teresa informed me the Bisquick went bad. I checked the box and the “Use By” date was September, 2023. In the future I either need to consume it faster or share it with another gringo.

I’m sure my bowels are now back to normal. 😊

I left at 9:30 and had a café con leche in Parva.

I bought a bottle of laundry detergent and bag of milk in Ara before returning to the apt.

As I returned at 11:30 Teresa and Laura were heading out for a doctor’s appointment so I’m on my own for lunch.

I’ve always wanted to try Office Burger in the La Mesa neighborhood of Envigado. I ordered a Didi for about 8mil but got dropped and when I tried again they wanted 19mil. I switched to Uber and they took me there for about 8mil.

My waitress Mata informed me she spoke English but I quickly determined my poor Spanish was better than her poor English. I ordered the NY burger and a regular Coke.



All was good and I paid 50mil for everything.

I paid 8,500 pesos for a Didi to return me to our apt.

Laura informed me she would like to go out tonight for Italian food. I recommended Olivia but she wanted something more authentic. We settled on Tagliata. It was just after 6:30 when I started changing clothes then, when I was all dressed, Laura informed me we had a reservation for 8pm. At 7:30 we took a Didi to Tagliata for 10,400 pesos.



I was feeling a little full/fat so I just ordered pasta bolognesa and a bottle of water.



The ladies shared a pitcher of sangria, Laura had some type of pasta and Teresa some type of seafood she wasn’t very pleased with. We shared a cream brulee for dessert. The total came to 301,009 pesos including tip. This was Laura’s goodbye dinner.

We left at 9:30 and returned to the apt by Didi for 12,800 pesos.

I started my pre sleep routine as soon as we returned.

 

DOG MEMES



No comments:

Post a Comment