Friday, March 15, 2024

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 6am, finally waking/ getting up at 6:15.

Teresa informed me she and Laura are going to Mayorca mall so I’ll be on my own for lunch.

I met Marcos at 9:30 outside Tostao café. He told me he’s doing 10,000 steps on his treadmill to lose weight before their trip to Europe which takes him about 2 hours to complete. We also talked football, politics, and movies. I’ve been experiencing tired eyes lately which I thought was due to poor quality sleep but Marcos reminded me about the pollution here since we haven’t had any rain in a long while. He left about 10:15 and I stayed around a little longer studying a chess book. I left about 11am and returned to the apt.

Laura asked me about taking her to City Plaza where Teresa and I had our sandals fixed. After Googling it, I told her there is Eon Zapateria, Local 182 in Viva Envigado. I can take her there tomorrow afternoon.

The ladies left about noon and about 12:15 I started ordering a Didi. It was supposedly 5 minutes away but 5 minutes later it was 6 minutes away. I gave it another 5 minutes and it looked like the car was on the expressway. I don’t know how to cancel a Didi ride so I just restarted my phone and closed that screen. I then used Uber to order my ride and it arrived in about 5 minutes.

I was dropped right outside Big Boy in Sabaneta. I went inside the larger half and took a seat near a gringo from Montana. He’s visiting but is seriously considering buying property in Rio Negro.

I ordered the fish & chips and was surprised how large the order was.



In the above photo I had already eaten a piece of fish. I finished all but one piece of fish with lots of fries remaining. Never a street person around when you need them (to give them free food). With 2 Cokes, the bill came to 51mil.

I walked 2 blocks to Parque Sabaneta and continued 2 more blocks south but the bakery where I wanted to get a churro was closed.

On that same block I caught a Sabaneta bus back to Envigado. Lots of construction near downtown Sabaneta. I got out at Ave Poblado and walked a block to Parva where I had a café con leche. I left at 4pm and returned to the apt.

Teresa and Laura left about 7:45 for Viva Envigado for some reason. I reminded Laura before they left about Eon Zapateria. They returned at 9:15 and when I asked Teresa about it she said the shoe repair shop was closed.

 

DOG MEMES



No comments:

Post a Comment