Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once about 5am, finally waking/ getting up at 6:15.

I started the ride sharing process at 7:20 and my Didi encountered traffic so heavy we got off one exit further than usual but I still arrived at Unicentro by 8am. That cost me 11,500 pesos. Jose arrived a couple minutes later. I had their French toast and Jose had their egg casserole. We discussed a number of topics including doing our taxes.

We adjourned to the food court where I had the Black pieces in the first game. I had the advantage until the 41st move when I blundered in time trouble and eventually resigned on the 77th move. One of our longest games ever.

I had the White pieces in the 2nd game and he quickly was up a pawn but undeveloped and I couldn’t take advantage of it and he checkmated me on the 34th move. I was too tired for our usual game review.

It was only 2pm but I decided to “get out of dodge” before the heavy traffic hit. I paid a Didi 16,500 pesos to take me to Viva Envigado. I had lasagna and a fresh mango juice in Montelivio.



I made a 2,000,000-peso ATM withdrawal (the 1st one I tried had no cash), paid our cellphone bills in Claro, paid the epm utility bill in Exito and bought a bag of dental flossers before returning to the apt by taxi.

Recognize this lady?



She’s Simone Biles winner of 23 Olympic gold medals in gymnastics. I mention her here because her husband, (Mr. Biles 😊), Johathan Owens just signed a 2-year contract to play safety for the Chicago Bears so I guess we’ll be seeing her in the stands game days.

I guess I watched the first 8 episodes of Masters of the Air too quickly because the 9th and final episode isn’t until this Friday, the 15th.

Laura decided to try sleeping on the recliner tonight since she has to sleep sitting up anyway.

I went to bed at 9pm.

 

DOG MEMES



No comments:

Post a Comment