Sunday, March 31, 2024

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 5am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

My left wrist and hand hurts a little; either I was fighting someone in my sleep or my arthritis has gotten worse.

After breakfast my thumb was throbbing; I took an Advil which took time but eventually got it back to normal.

I left at 10am and had a café con leche in Parva. I left at 11:30 and returned to the apt.

We left at noon and took an Uber to SantaFe mall for 7,670 pesos (I have a 40% discount this week).

This is what their atrium looks like today:



Teresa did some shopping in Zara, Bershka, finally finding a nice dress in Studio F for 310,000 pesos ($83). We had lunch in J&C Delicious. She had her usual salmon with a side of broccoli and a glass of piña hierbabuena while I (feeling fat) had a chicken Cesar salad and a fresh mango juice (no sugar) for a total of 117,071 pesos. Prices have increased noticeably the past few years.

We then went on the hunt for an airline carry-on for her. She led me to Fallabella where we found one for 1,100,000 pesos. I led her to Totto where we found one for 399,900 pesos ($111). I only got a CER of 3600 using my Capital One card (touch free or whatever they call it) and I notice Pesos and USD on the receipt. Btw, the carry-on has a built-in padlock so maybe I should stop buying separate padlocks.

We left at 3:30 and took a taxi back to the apt for 17,000 pesos.

Teresa stayed in the porteria because she was going to meet her sister Vickie and other family members to go for gelato. (As usual I got the story… if I go I’ll be expected to pay for everyone.)

I thought it was too late to go for coffee so I just hung in the apt the rest of the night.

On Medellin TV, I watched JFK: What the Doctors Saw (7.5) then started Arlington Road (7.2). I had to fight through some buffering.

Teresa returned at 7:30. She reported after Gelato they all went to Gloria’s for pizza.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment