Saturday, March 30, 2024

Friday, March 29, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

Today is a holiday, Good Friday.

I went to get a glass of water for my morning pills and there’s no running water.

It’s 7am and still no running water so I informed Teresa there was no rush for her to get up and I’m going for breakfast and hope I can find a restaurant open early on Good Friday. Teresa got up and called the porteria and learned that water should be back on about 9am.

I left the apt at 7:15, our parking lot has only a few cars and the streets were near deserted, I saw 2 people on the way to Ganso y Castor that thankfully was open. I had their pancakes (a little dry) with a large then small latte.



At one point a man (30s?) took the table next to me carrying a small dog (lazy dog?). He ordered something in English (didn’t know my waiter spoke English 😊) and a few minutes later a pretty young thing (20s) joined him. He’s originally from Portland, been here 2 years, lives a couple streets south, his wife is Colombian and speaks perfect English although she never said anything to me.

I left just after 10am and the portero informed me we’re still without water.

I packed my gym bag and completed my workout in a crowded Smartfit from 10:30 to 11:30 (a whole different group of faces) and took a shower after. When I returned to the apt still no water and the only response I got from the portero was “mas tarde”.

I received the invoice of $166 for doing my taxes for nothing owed to Uncle Sam and paid it to Quickbooks online. What a racket!

It was 1pm and Teresa didn’t want to go out until she had a shower but then relented and said we could go to Mu. I checked to make sure they were open then ordered a Didi and…nothing. I raised the fare a number of times and…nothing. I finally gave up and we had the ribs delivered.

Just before 4pm Teresa called the porteria and was told the “thingy” is fixed and we just need to wait until 5pm for “something to clear”. I tried at 5:01 and still only drips, the same at 5:30. Finally about 6:30 I heard Teresa running water in the kitchen.

I finished watching The Card Counter (6.2), nothing special, on Medellin TV.

I set the combination on the new Sentry cable lock. Easy, once you understand how to do it. 😊

I blundered and lost to Troyclough lowering my rating to 1553. Yikes!

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment