Monday, March 25, 2024

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 6am, finally waking/getting up by alarm at 7:30.

I left the apt at 8:30 and met Glenn at Olivenza at 9am. I brought my new laptop lock and he wasn’t sure how to set it either but did find a video which might help me. I’ll check it out later.

I asked if he would be interested in some Bisquick but he wasn’t interested. He did take an extra generic Neosporin off my hands, though.

Today I had something different, the American breakfast which included French Toast, scrambled eggs, bacon and slices of banana and strawberry. Not to mention 2 lattes.



I left at 11am and returned to the apt.

how to change to combination on a kensignton lock - Search (bing.com)

It wasn’t exactly the same and was a little tricky but I managed to reset the combination on my new laptop lock.

1.  Choose a new combination (same as my other lock).

2.  Set the combination to “0000”.

3.  Push and hold the button at the end of the combination.

4.  Reset the combination.

5.  Release the button.

6.  Teresa gave me the go ahead to purchase our tickets for Punta Cana.

Laura spent the day packing for her return to Boston.

For lunch I ordered chicken from Frisby. I hate that they include 10 arepas that just get thrown out.

I made plans to meet Jerry tomorrow at 9:15 at Parva. He’s so hard to get together with that I’m blowing off a morning at the gym.

I drew a game against Troyclough that I should have lost, reducing my rating to 1573.

Over the next few hours I purchased airline tickets for our flight to Punta Cana. I also tried to reserve a room in one of the hotels but they no longer had availability. I switched to another hotel and the room offered had a king size bed and 2 bunk beds. I took the significance of that to mean this was probably a room/building/area catering to children.

I finally found a room in one of the hotels on my list but the last stop of my payment I received this message:



I then found another room in another hotel and again after submitting the payment I received this message


I decided I’d better make sure the problem isn’t with my bank so I called USAA but they couldn’t hear me. I had to switch MagicJack from speaker to headphone a couple times before it worked.

After a 25-minute wait I spoke to a helpful rep. It took a while to confirm my identity; my USAA app didn’t seem to be working properly. Once we cleared that hurdle she could see my Avianca payment and my attempted hotel payments. She unblocked my card and found that I had exceeded my transaction limit. She changed it for this week for me. I asked her name to thank her and it was something unusual. I asked if she was Jamaican and she replied she’s Haitian. The irony is she’s from one side of the island of Hispaniola and we’re going to the other side. I thanked her profusely for her help and said goodbye.

Laura spent the evening packing.

I finished reading James Rollins’ paperback Subterranean.

At 10:30 I said goodbye to Laura and went to bed.

I understand Bryan will be picking her up at 2am for her 4:40am flight back to Boston.

 

DOG MEMES



No comments:

Post a Comment